Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
This seriously bothers me.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Purpleheart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:53 pm
When people use text talk in the avatar arenas. It's just so annoying and kind of strange.
look:
Quote:
i wantto win! thats what! plz vote for me ill give u something realy col! plz!

Quote:
the ninja coal gunner can kill a victim with his gun so queitly that the person being killed cant even hear it and is so stealthy that even if you flashed a flashlight on him u cant see him. this ninja also has a gundagger hidden if u can guess were ill give u 100 gold

Quote:
PLZ vote for meh!!!!!!!!!!!! im a sk8er!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:44 pm
Ah yes, bad grammar and "txt tlk", how I hate it too. I bet there are probably a lot of us out there, wailing in misery somewhere in the deep, dark backwaters of the Internet. Hmm, maybe we should get together in some kind of organization, like a guild or something of that nature.

Yeah, a guild. That has definite possibilities.

blaugh  

[Mammon]

Caleb Hellforge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:49 pm
If I find the ninja's "gundagger," will I be able to stab and shoot the person repeatedly until bored?

If so, i'm willing to look.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:55 pm
Those get very anoying. I only make typos in the arena. But alot of people take my typos as txt tlk. It gets very fustrating.  

Black Cat Fighter

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:16 pm
[x]
To Mammon: WHOA! Mammon, your brilliance is exceeded only by your insanity. With a great fear of bringing forth a screaming horde of females, I'm going to quote Captain Jack Sparrow when he said: "It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide."

To the original poster: Yeah, it's bad grammar, spelling, "txt-talk" and butchering of our beloved English language. It's bad, that's why we're here. Why is it worse when it's in the avatar arena as opposed to everywhere else you see it?

The avatar arena is retard central anyways, I learned more about outfit/item composition and themes from the avatar talk forums.

Yes, I used the word "retard" as a noun - deal with it.

~
Pyrite
[x]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:07 am
Hmmm, still deciding whether this should be in the "horror stories".

You've given examples... nut not story or account of an event as such.

Anyway, shall I shoot Mammon now, or save it for the authorities?

Yes, there is text talk. Yes, people are incompetent with the language and need to be spanked; however my hand is currently raw. ninja  

play it loud

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:10 pm
At least the one in the middle was somewhat legible. *sighs* I'll never enter my avatar in that stupid arena again.

*moving this thread to "txt tlk horror stories".*  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff