Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I found this one in another guild. (pretty horifying)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Icy_Mike14-1.2]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:32 am
HI,

The Story is looking gr8, excellent start to what I am sure will be an awesome story. Cant wait to read the next part.

Again gr8 job, keep up the gr8 work.

Lil Tessa xx

gr8: The horifying version of great  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:39 pm
OH....MY....FREAKIN'....GOD....

This is in response to someone who is a writer?! It's a crime! AN OUTRAGE! We need an Inquisition...a Jihad....a Crusade....  

Galadedrid Damodred

EmoKidsRule808

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:23 pm
Not only is that the worst display of typing I've ever seen, one of the key points of writing ((Well, my English teacher says it's a important...)) is to never repeat words in the same sentence. That is the most horrible thing I've ever read.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:24 pm
There has to be some sort of law against using a word that many timees in a sentence and mutilating it as well  

Byrn_in_hel

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:45 pm
You know what's even worse? It takes longer to reach up and get the "8" than it does to type out "great."

I think I'm bleeding internally.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:04 pm
Alright, who invented this talk? If he/she is alive I'll kill them in their sleep, if they're dead, I'll go and curse their family and friends!  

Archdemonessa

Slorfae Lafyre

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:02 pm
MyOwnBestCritic
You know what's even worse? It takes longer to reach up and get the "8" than it does to type out "great."
Which means whoever writes that just does it to be cute/different, which is even worse.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:08 pm
The only time I support the use of 8 instead of "ate" or "eat" is when it's a parody.

(Note that this is an item from an MMORPG I play, Kingdom of Loathing.)  

Roguemagus

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff