Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Crocheted Socks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Socks?
  YAY! I love knitting socks!
  YAY! I love crocheting socks!
  Socks are cool.
  I don't really like making socks.
  EEEK! Socks scare me!
View Results

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:07 pm
So I was making a sock, but for various reasons, I've decided to stop using that pattern and possibly put down the hook for a while.
It's really hard to find good crocheted sock patterns.
Can anyone direct me to places other than crochetpatterncentral.com for crocheted patterns?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:40 am
I don't know how good it is, but there's a book out called "Learn to Crochet Socks!" that has a few patterns in it. You might want to check out a craft store and see if they have it. (I found "Learn to Knit Socks!" pretty good)  

Brunette_Star

Umberella

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:32 pm
http://home.inreach.com/marthac/totes.html

That's a link I've used to see old patterns. Some are broken links, but it is kind of hard to find crochet patterns that are modern and useful. I'd love to try socks!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:06 pm
storyfromthestars
So I was making a sock, but for various reasons, I've decided to stop using that pattern and possibly put down the hook for a while.
It's really hard to find good crocheted sock patterns.
Can anyone direct me to places other than crochetpatterncentral.com for crocheted patterns?

crochetpatterncentral.com is pretty up to date and has the largest bunch of patterns I've ever seen, so if it's not on there, I have no clue where to find a link (that's not out of order).

Crocheted Socks: 16 Fun-To-Stitch Patterns by Janet Rehfeldt and Mary Jane Wood is a great crochet sock pattern book. I took a class that used one of the patterns in there and it was nice and easy. It was a toe-up sock which is my preference of socks be they knit or crochet. The socks turned out great.  

Catcheen
Crew

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:41 pm
This isn't a pattern, per se, it's more of a tutorial, but you might enjoy this...

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106075.0

I just skimmed through it, but it looks well written and sounds like it'd work to me.

If you go this route, might I suggest writing the numbers you use for the first sock so you get a duplicate looking second sock? It's really depressing when your socks look completely different.... I know first hand *blush*  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games