Submit

what to do?
  ?
  tell her off.
  go with her for the sake of love.
View Results

xAmour_Mortelx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:00 pm
ok here is the deal. i asked my gf to marry me and she said yes. but the n we got in to an argument about religion. and she says that she doesn't thonk she can marry me because of mine. she dosn't want our kids thinking like that.
so should i tell her that if she doesn't like then it's off. or should i atleast pretend to go along with her. and don't go think she is just evil and controling. cause that is actualy me in the relationship. and if she put up with all my crap just to be with me that means she has to love me. so what should i do.

oh don't be all thats something you should decide.

and my religion is that i don't realy have one.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:22 pm
shezmu666
ok here is the deal. i asked my gf to marry me and she said yes. but the n we got in to an argument about religion. and she says that she doesn't thonk she can marry me because of mine. she dosn't want our kids thinking like that.
so should i tell her that if she doesn't like then it's off. or should i atleast pretend to go along with her. and don't go think she is just evil and controling. cause that is actualy me in the relationship. and if she put up with all my crap just to be with me that means she has to love me. so what should i do.

oh don't be all thats something you should decide.

and my religion is that i don't realy have one.

Well, are you an agnostic, or an athiest? And what is she? I'll be PMing this to you, too.  

Crimson Cateye

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:29 pm
I really can't think of what to say. In my own opinion, follow what your heart says. Tell her that you're probably agnostic, or an atheist, and that's kinda how you are. But, I`m not sure about your religion, so I`m saying all of this hypethetically. In all aspects, you should go with your heart.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:34 am
Well the thing is, that if you just make her believe that its going to be her way then when you do have children this is going to prove quite problematic. It doesnt even matter what religion either of you are. Discuss it now and be truthful with her. It will hurt, but its better to hurt now than later when you both have everything invested in one another.  

Oterys

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:21 am
DON'T LIE TO HER. And perhaps If her religion is so important to her, you have too big of a gap between eachother's morals and beleifs. Perhaps things cannot work for you two. But maybe it can be worked out. Talk to her, not arguing maliciousely or anything, just a discussion, see what she thinks, see what can be done.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:51 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Follow your heart is the best advice.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

Starfish Attack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:10 pm
The Vampire Ruler
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Follow your heart is the best advice.

Light Is My Deaths Curse

WHY does everyone say that.

if someones asking for help
that normally means theyve twisted themselves inside out to ponder what to do.
which appears to be what he is going through.
this follow ur heart crap is hard if u just dunno >.<

me personally,i was all nonbelieving of anything for a long time
but then i figured i could die today and stuff
and if theres a chance i could stay with my lover forever i want to do it
so i went all christrian for him(im gUesSinG shes christrian right???)
i dont trust alot of other religeons
but ive always kinda had a think between sataness(wiccans,wicthy stuff yea)and christrians and the wiccan stuff doesnt promise you alot
but you excetpt God into ur heart stuff and live for eternity
and then someday there will be a paradise for all believers
sounds better than being in a firey pit for the rest of eterinity
and being tortured
cuz that is like what the Bible says...
liek some guy pushes a boulder up a hill for eternity
and another guy stays under water to the point of drowning then the second hes about to die they pull him back up then do it again
then theres that guy whose always dying of thirst
and all
and like
beign tickled FOREVER
can u IMAGINE?!
thatd be TERRIBLE!
being tickled fOrEvEr
u know!
>.>
<.<

um...
yes
well there is my opinion......

hope it means something to you?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:54 pm
hate to say this but...if she REALLY loved ya....she wouldn't really care about your religion/faith...i mean jews and christians get married...and it works out ok....

but yeah...i wouldn't be too gung ho on marrying someone who didn't love me for me...all my faults as well as advantages...that's just me...

GOOD LUCK!

<3  

Forever_the_child

xAmour_Mortelx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:53 pm
thanx allot pps.

ok first of all i guess i didn't explain this sorry. it's not that she is into her religion it's just she want's me to believe in something , anything. hell she would rather i worship a peic of crap that i grabed out of my toilt then nothing at all.

but anyways thanx allot especialy you popxpopxkittyxfcuk i know what i must do.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:34 am
From what you have said, it sounds like neither of you are quite ready yet. My advice: postpone further commitment until you can sort out your differences without asking the internet.  

UraniumMonk

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:25 pm
Let her choose. If you're not in a position to change how you feel then let her know. If she still wants to be with you, then fine. If not, then that should be ok too. (So I feel.)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:00 pm
Sigh. She confuses me. If you don't have a religion, why would that matter to her religious beliefs? She can raise your kids with her beliefs. It's not as if you have conflicting belief systems, i.e. if you were Wiccan and she were hardcore-Catholic. If you had two different religions, then you'd have to worry about what the kids would be raised to believe. But with only one religion, there should be no problem at all.

But if her real problem really is that you lack a faith, that's just as bad as having a problem with your chosen faith (if you had one). And in that case, I think it would be best to get away from her. You need to find someone that accepts EVERYTHING about you and has no problem with it (or at least if they don't accept everything, they accept important things, like religion).  

Kristoya

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:51 pm
Well, my best friends parents are of two different religions. One is Protestant, and the other is Athiest. They came up with the compromise of raising their children Christian until they were either 14 or so, or until they felt very strongly about a certain religion. (Athieism included) That worked out very well for them, and mabey that will work for you.
I hope I helped! Good luck! 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:58 pm
okay, if she doesn't like your lack of religion, then a) why is she marrying you, and b) how does she expect to marry you? are you going to get married at a justice of the peace or her religion? and just because you have no religion, that doesn't mean she can't or that your children can't. if i can make a suggestion, when you have kids and they ask you about religion, tell them to go ask their mother^^  

celtic_faerie

Scathach789

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:09 am
If you're an atheist, you have the right to be one. Tell her you'd lead your kids to be open to all and no religions. Just because someone has a certain belief doesn't me their offspring have to as well.  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games