Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
screen size?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitties_at_the_disco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:59 am
I need to fix this!:

The screen size was 1024x768, i took my laptop to the place and got it fixed, then installed university. Now it is 800x600! its huge! and goes slower! it doesnt give me a choice between the two sizes anymore! How do i fix this? is it having 5 on my laptop, or didthey do something when i had the laptop fixed? (my laptop screen can be the normal size, but the sims two gets really big) please help! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:33 pm
There's a setting inside the game under the graphics setting, under the main options I believe that has a setting for whether you want the Sims to run in 1024x768 or 800x600. Now if that's gone, I dunno what to tell you.

Infinity-Nevermore

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:23 am
Kittyprincess190
I need to fix this!:

... is it having 5 on my laptop, or didthey do something when i had the laptop fixed? ...

5 what on your laptop?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:58 pm
Menaceman
Kittyprincess190
I need to fix this!:

... is it having 5 on my laptop, or didthey do something when i had the laptop fixed? ...

5 what on your laptop?

Sorry, i should have said that in my post.... i meant 5 sim games. i tried that thing under graphiccs options first... it couldnt change it but i used to be able to. I dont think the number of games is a problem because i used to have that many, but then my laptop was re-imaged for school. then i put 4 of them back on after and it was still fine. then i installed university, and now it doesnt work, but it could be from when they fixed my laptop when it broke.  

Kitties_at_the_disco

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:30 pm
[User Image]

Are you clicking The "Apply Changes" button at the bottom of the graphic options page thingy after you select 1024x768 or w/e?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:30 pm
`R a i n b o w
[User Image]

Are you clicking The "Apply Changes" button at the bottom of the graphic options page thingy after you select 1024x768 or w/e?

it doesnt give 1024x768 as a choice! which is the problem because thats the size i normally use! and now everythings HUGE  

Kitties_at_the_disco

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:53 pm
Kittyprincess190
`R a i n b o w
[User Image]

it doesnt give 1024x768 as a choice! which is the problem because thats the size i normally use! and now everythings HUGE
User Image

Mr. Garrison [and myself] wish you

try the one closest to iit?
A Merry Fucking Christmas!

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:32 am
I just had a thought. What is your monitor set to (when you're not in the game)? Maybe that is influencing what the game will let you select? Has it been changed since you got it back?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items