Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Read or Die ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jingbandit15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:45 pm
yea ROD rules i love the first series then there comes ROD the TV even cooler i really got intrested which TP would pick it up they could get even better buisness 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:10 am
A lot of us wish that _some_ publishing company would pick up the manga and get it over here. stare I want to read ROD. gonk  

Tobias Mule

jingbandit15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:26 pm
Mika Relie
A lot of us wish that _some_ publishing company would pick up the manga and get it over here. stare I want to read ROD. gonk

yea you should read it or die LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:55 pm
Very funny, jing. I really like the series, especially Anita. She's the one with the common sense in the group.  

Tobias Mule

anime_fan_9002

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:23 pm
I like ROD I've seen the movie and the series. They both rock!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:33 pm
I hope that they come out with another ROD series.  

anime_fan_9002

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:18 pm
anime_fan_9002

Not a movie. An OAV. 3 episodes, but Manga Ent. put it all together as one big thing. Tch! stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:28 pm
Neko-Yousei
anime_fan_9002

Not a movie. An OAV. 3 episodes, but Manga Ent. put it all together as one big thing. Tch! stressed

eek So that was what I saw on Cartoon Network all that time ago. Still, I liked it. 3nodding  

Tobias Mule

Foxhart X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:37 am
haha.. i never knew what it was either... i was wonderin what all you guys were talkin about then i saw 'agent paper' and i was like.. o hey! i know her!... whee  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:03 pm
Okay, Read or Die is the 3 episode OVA. Read or Dream is the series, and you can watch it on Anime Unleashed (saw it a few times). Read or Dream is about Yumiko's (I think her name is Yumiko) sisters, something like that. I don't know if there's a manga though.  

TrishieChan

Ume The Animal Master

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:26 pm
I watched the whole thing i think it was pretty good... ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:23 am
Neko-Yousei
Mika Relie
I have to admit...I like Agent Paper. She's a bit goofy but her power is really cool when you get to see it in action.

wtf? They call her "Agent Paper"?!?!? IT'S "THE PAPER"!!! NYAAA! scream
Sorry, I just adore the way it's said in Japanese..."Za Peipa". whee Yeah, I saw that it was coming on, but I was deathly afraid of the dub. *shivers* I just knew it would be screwed up.

Anywho...Yeah, there's a manga, but it's kinda like novel/manga. I have a friend who was obsessed with ROD a couple years back and I found the first manga/novel on Gamers.com, got it for him and he was thrilled. Though I warn you, there is quite a bit of fan service in the manga. Also, there's a questionable yuri pair, involving Nenene and Yomiko. sweatdrop

If you watched the beginning where Yomiko is waking up and you see all those notes that say "Get up up up!" and similar thing like that. It's really, "Get up, Nenene". But Manga Corp translated it wrong, they translated it "Get up, ne ne ne". As in, "Hey hey hey, get up"....am I making sense?
domokun

Yes, it is The Papar, but you also have to think about grammar
Japanese grammar and English grammar are very different
just saying The Paper doesnt sound right in English, but in Japanese, it might (I'm not really sure about this because I haven't seen the Japanese version)
I think they made it Agent Paper to better suit English Grammar.
Im not saying that all dubs are good, nor am I saying all dubs are bad either.
I'm just saying this to help you and other people look at it differently.  

TalonBlade771

5,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items