Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
On Genders and Playing the Sims Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you male or female?
  Male
  Female
View Results

Tealia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:43 pm
Ah the controversial sexist game talk..

Well to tell you the truth, I never knew a single thing about Sims really until one day when a friend of mine [now in college and no longer my friend] were in Sam's Club together and she showed me Sims 1 (The Original game) and started to talk about how great it was, etc.

I didn't care much about it until my cousins [Daniel and Ben, both males] were playing it on their computer!

So basically, even from the very beginning.. Sims was NOT a girly game.

And I am a girl.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:49 pm
Iclayaikensgirl
Actually I know about 20+ guys who play The Sims 2 or any other Sim game. They are really hooked, just like me. -Is a girl-

Kiss of Color

Simming
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:00 pm
I have come over this topic on a few other forums. Personally I think that Sims is kind of girly considering how many girls that play it. I only know a few guys that do. A known fact was that The Sims was once known as the Dollhouse but Maxis changed the name because of the reaction from males.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:53 am
I know a lot of guys who play the sims
so it's not a girly game if guys play it
i'm a girl

World of dreams

annaXbanana19

Invisible Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:12 pm
i dont find it "girly" i know many males who play/love this game... oh, and, i am a female for the record...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:28 pm
I would think that alot of guys would prefer the Wii or PS3 to the Sims, because those get them into the game.

But, I agree that it really dpends on the person. For those who like it, they can create gay communties and adopt (or boolprop) their children.
Those who like to build can create mansions and all kinds of cool houses. Fantasy lovers can become scentists, date vampires, or become werewolves. Those who like action can make a sim buff and beat everyone up.

I think, personally, that anyone who wants and likes the game should be able to play it. I mean, its an awesome game, why not?
I'm a girl, just for the record.  

men getting pregnant

Yumi Angel I

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:39 pm
I don't consider the Sims as a girly game.
But I think it's girls who play it more more often.
Guys are too hooked on their Playstations and XBoxes.
D:
(I, Yumiko, am a girl)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:09 pm
what?! everyone plays the sims boys and girls its not girly!  

bighairy dog

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:07 pm
hell no its not girly,
geeky yes, but thats a complement  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:08 pm
I'm a girl! whee

I think many people regard it as a girly game because the game revolves more around life and what happens in it rather than mindless violence (Though I do love opening a can of whoop a** on my boyfriend while playing DOA 4 or Mortal Combat every once in awhile)

I do, technically, regard it as a girly game because it is not directed towards a male audience. Female players will most likely make a female sim, while male players would most likely make a male sim, and females have much more customization for their sims than males do.

But that's just my opinion.  

AngelKeeper2k1

EmpressGoddess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:45 pm
Vivika von Mott

I was just thinking about this today. (I am a female, FYI.) See, I love The Sims because I get to manage and manipulate nearly every itsy bitsy detail of my Sims' lives. Possessive, control-freakish, whatever you want to call it. That is why I enjoy playing. Since it is mostly girls that play, I figure it is because women are control freaks at heart! blaugh

As a soail worker during the day it can be really relaxing to finally have even a virtual someone do exactly as I want them to exactly when i want them to. Yes I am rocking both X genes and loving it! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:30 pm
AngelKeeper2k1

I think many people regard it as a girly game because the game revolves more around life and what happens in it rather than mindless violence.

3nodding Exactly. My boyfriend used to ask me what the point of The Sims is. blaugh

I think that it is a "girly" game. It's not that only girls play it (although a large portion of its fans are indeed women), it's more society's idea of what is "girly" versus what is "manly."

Dolls = Girls. GI Joe = Boys. But aren't they the same thing? xd So Sims = pixel dolls while games like Halo = GI. Joe.

Oh, and I'm a girl. ^-^

Banana-nana

AngelKeeper2k1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:01 pm
Banana-nana
AngelKeeper2k1

I think many people regard it as a girly game because the game revolves more around life and what happens in it rather than mindless violence.

3nodding Exactly. My boyfriend used to ask me what the point of The Sims is. blaugh

I think that it is a "girly" game. It's not that only girls play it (although a large portion of its fans are indeed women), it's more society's idea of what is "girly" versus what is "manly."

Dolls = Girls. GI Joe = Boys. But aren't they the same thing? xd So Sims = pixel dolls while games like Halo = GI. Joe.

Oh, and I'm a girl. ^-^

Exactly. 3nodding

What I also don't get is why people think that Halo is only for guys too. I love Halo! And my boyfriend likes the Sims 2. Not really as in playing it... but in the fact that it makes me happy... (He's going to buy me more expansion packs! YAY! whee heart ) (He doesn't really get a chance to play it either 'cause he doesn't have it... crying )  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:19 pm
A girly game? noway!
I'm pretty sure a male created this guild?
Making a sims guild would never have
come to mind.

When a guy plays 'girly' games it tuffs them up! Right men?
But in a way..majority of sim addicts are female..so..
(:

-DB

Mrs Margret P Ness

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out