Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Anyone here good at making patterns?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jena-su

Fuzzy Friend

6,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:34 am
Well firstly, a big hello to all of you. ^-^! My name is Jena, and I'm a new member here. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all. heart

But anyway, on to the subject at hand...

I'm looking for help from anyone that is good with making (sewing) patterns, perferably for dolls or stuffed animals. There is a mascot doll I wish to make, to go along with a costume I'm going to be wearing to a convention four months from now, but...well I'm utterly horrid at making dolls without a pattern of some sort. gonk

Here are some images of the mascot in question:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/JenaSu/devilbat_1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/JenaSu/devilbat_2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/JenaSu/devilbat_3.jpg

The third image is the one I'd like best to make into a plushie, because it's the happy medium between the super-goofy and super-detailed versions. ^_^;;

If anyone would be able to create a pattern for this, I'd be more then happy to commision you (for Gaia gold/items, as stated by the ToS), since I know that it's a lot of hard work to make patterns from scratch.

Feel free to PM me to discuss, or just reply here. ^-^ Thanks much for reading my rambling. sweatdrop heart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:16 am
Pattern for what kind of craft? Sewing, knitting, underwater basketweaving? I'm assuming sewing, just want to be sure.  

Zahra Ovaci

Jena-su

Fuzzy Friend

6,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:48 am
Zahra Ovaci
Pattern for what kind of craft? Sewing, knitting, underwater basketweaving? I'm assuming sewing, just want to be sure.

Oh! Yes, for sewing. ^_^; Terribly sorry, I should have been more specific in my first post. sweatdrop

...And was the underwater basket weaving a neopets referance by any strange chance? XD;

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:31 am
I think I first heard the term underwater basketweaving in the late 70's.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:48 pm
he he
you're old!

and I think I am a good sewer, but I would never attempt any pattern that complicated, yet alone try to draft one.
sorry,  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:58 pm
unless you have a good eye I think a pattern would be very difficult to make considering you have to know how things are constructed. And well at that. When I sew things . . . I cut and sew where I think it should go. I don't even read instructions. XD sorry I can't help.  

sakurachan61123

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff