Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
does anyone here...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shawn20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:26 pm
does anyone here adore DarkElf27.
i do.
he uses good grammar all the time.
he thinks the same as i do.
ive been watching him around the threads and he just acts completely like me. >,<  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:08 pm
[x]
You're an a** kisser, and you're giving yourself too much credit. This is a guild dedicated to persevering English through literacy and good grammar on Gaia. Posing like you do (sentence fragments, uncapitalized letters after periods) is what we are trying to avoid/stop by coming here. Who let you in and what where they thinking?

Is this some kind of troll post? Or a mule of Darkelf's?

~
Pyrite
[x]

[ Pyrite ]

[Mammon]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:56 pm
shawn20
i do.
ive been watching him around the threads and he just acts completely like me. >,<

I don't know Shawn, if that is your real name (I'm with you on the mule/troll post Pyrite), I've always found that idolizing people because they were exactly like me was a little too much like narcissism for my liking.

Besides, it's idolatry. God or, at the very least, one of his small "g" homeboy gods will smite you down for stuff like that.

[ Pyrite ]
Posing like you do (sentence fragments, uncapitalized letters after periods)

Don't forget about the missing question marks, Pyrite; I know I haven't. In fact, I've got Scooby-Doo and those darn kids working on finding them at this very moment.

*Pulls the mask off DarkElf27* Ah ha! I knew it; you're really old man Winters. You've coveted this forum's question marks ever since your publishing company was shut down back in the '80s.

Thanks gang. That's another mystery solved.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:00 pm
Seriously. Who let this person into the guild? |:

Chaotic Nitemare

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:01 pm
I don't know who let him in the guild, but then again, he might have done the thing of having good grammar once, but then destroying it...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:33 pm
[Mammon]
shawn20
i do.

I don't know Shawn, if that is your real name (I'm with you on the mule/troll post Pyrite), I've always found that idolizing people because they were exactly like me was a little too much like narcissism for my liking.

Besides, it's idolatry. God or, at the very least, one of his small "g" homeboy gods will smite you down for stuff like that.

[ Pyrite ]
Posing like you do (sentence fragments, uncapitalized letters after periods)

Don't forget about the missing question marks, Pyrite; I know I haven't. In fact, I've got Scooby-Doo and those darn kids working on finding them at this very moment.

*Pulls the mask off DarkElf27* Ah ha! I knew it; you're really old man Winters. You've coveted this forum's question marks ever since your publishing company was shut down back in the '80s.

Thanks gang. That's another mystery solved.

This is an excellent confirmation of your insanity.

Yet, it was highly amusing. Kudos.  

play it loud

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:04 am
Thread locked due to spam.

shawn20, this is the second (or possibly third) thread of yours I've locked. You're coming dangerously close to being the first member ejected from this guild. I don't require absolute perfection in grammar or spelling, but all you seem to do is post spam and nonsense. It's abundantly clear that you are seeking attention and that is something I will not condone. Please either straighten up and fly right, or fly out of the guild. Thank you.

This is a properly formatted sentence. The first letter of a sentence is ALWAYS capitalized. A sentence always ends in a punctuation mark, usually a period, but sometimes a question mark or exclamation point. Punctuation such as the comma, the colon and the semicolon are used as sentence pausers. Never should a sentence end with one of these.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games