Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
ZOMG I finished a sweater!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phishy

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:26 am
I actually finished one of my sweater projects! It's the unseamly sweater from the Happy Hooker book. I made it out of Sensations Rainbow (a brushed acrylic yarn) About halfway through the waist shaping I accidentally started working the instructions for size small rather than medium, so it's, uh, a bit snug around the chest... sweatdrop Still I feel very proud of myself. Now maybe I'll finish he other two sweaters that I'm working on...

User Image

Also as the yarn I bought came in giant skeins I have a ton left over (I had to buy two, but I still have the better part of the second one left) I'm thinking of making something for my cat out of it as he took every opportunity that he could to curl up in this yarn. Possibly a kitty bed.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:46 am
wai~! I'm so proud of you phishy!

That yarn is gorgeous! heart Your sweater looks really good. 3nodding

And its actually cold enough where you are for it to be practicle to make sweaters. 3nodding over here, i can never convince myself to do it, cause i have the only 2 sweaters i'll ever need. sweatdrop one zip-up, one over-the-head. I can't wear sweaters that i don't take off part way through the day, its too warm, even in winter.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:36 pm
That is awesome!
you should be proud.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:21 pm
I agree - you should be proud of that! Nice job! biggrin  

Brunette_Star

Beboots

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:09 pm
It looks wicked awesome! mrgreen Congrats!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:13 pm
I think I'm gonna buy that book soon...I LOVE sweaters. I wear them through spring and into summer. I'm always freezing cold!  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:22 pm
Ooh, that looks great. I hope I'll knit/crochet a sweater someday. It's just a matter of finding a good pattern and affording the yarn. More of the latter than the former, though. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:13 pm
OMG its so AWESOME!! crying I want one!

lol I have a sweater fetish 3nodding I don't usually like crochet items but right now I wish I could actually crochet my way out of that paper bag over there. sweatdrop They need to make a knit version heart  

gemini6184

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:47 am
Congratulations on finishing the sweater! It's lovely. I have yet to start one because I know I'd never finish it anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:38 pm
Mikono
And its actually cold enough where you are for it to be practicle to make sweaters. 3nodding over here, i can never convince myself to do it, cause i have the only 2 sweaters i'll ever need. sweatdrop one zip-up, one over-the-head. I can't wear sweaters that i don't take off part way through the day, its too warm, even in winter.

Ha ha... yeah... everyone here is talking about how warm it's been, and by that we mean that it's been in the 40s.

Anyhow, much thanks everyone mrgreen  

Phishy

Dapper Genius

girlstar1304

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:46 am
Wow awsome thats great u should b proud  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:16 pm
I lurve the sweater. Way cute. ^^ And it doesnt look to small at all.  

Silver Mist

Mrew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:54 am
That's so cute!

I love the style of it. :]

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items