Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy IX Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:53 am
Ok! So I decided I'd get FFIX out of the way and I did!.... I beat it in 14 hours.... and if you haven't played it yet.... don't read this... there are spoilers.

Quina is a BIG reason why I didn't like this game and I only realized what a big part she played in that this time through, and it was only helped by all the times I was forced to have her in my party... she really just seemed like a space-filler to me. I also hated all the bs through the game; never getting to see Burmecia pre-destruction, which would've been cool as hell. The lack of chracter development with Freya, deffinately my favorite charcter, after Clera is destroyed. And the random as hell last boss they threw in AFTER the big fight everyone was looking forward to. Also, another big point, Xorn and Thorn... what is it with Square making bs villians that just piss you off but never offer a challenge. Their like the Seymour, or the Heidegarr/Scarlet of this game. I could say Siefer or Gabranth, but they had a really good storyline behind them. Xorn and thorn.... no, they're just they to be really annoying and not actually credit the storyline at all.

I did like all the CG in this game though as well as the length of the storyline. After playing through FFXII I realized how short a game could be, and this game actually had a lot of twists and turns as well as places to go, something that the less graphically challenged games have been severely lacking (save for FFXI). After seeing the ending movie again I realized why this game was so great, it has a love story that actually comes together in the end and is shown passionately from both sides, it gives you that feeling of "I want that" when you see the tears of joy rolling down Garnet's face, and no I will not call her Dagger... that's a retarded name and I'm not using it... I might call her Sarah since that's her real name, but no way in hell am I calling her Dagger. Ok I can't think of anything else to say other than I actually kinda like the game now, and since I'm done with the storyline, and I have Excalibur II, I think I'll begin the side quests next time I turn it on.... at least the ones I can... sorry hippaul racing... no can do.

((forgive me if I ranted a little... I haven't slept for a few days and I'm getting a little hyper/edgey))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:42 pm
nobody bought it because there were'nt so many commercials for it.
not because it was the last one.
i got into final fantasy because of this game.
it happens to be the best one in terms of mixing up all of the old final fantasy games such as the character Garland in the first one.  

Blood x x x Lust

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:16 am
Maluc Fieri
Ok! So I decided I'd get FFIX out of the way and I did!.... I beat it in 14 hours.... and if you haven't played it yet.... don't read this... there are spoilers.

Quina is a BIG reason why I didn't like this game and I only realized what a big part she played in that this time through, and it was only helped by all the times I was forced to have her in my party... she really just seemed like a space-filler to me. I also hated all the bs through the game; never getting to see Burmecia pre-destruction, which would've been cool as hell. The lack of chracter development with Freya, deffinately my favorite charcter, after Clera is destroyed. And the random as hell last boss they threw in AFTER the big fight everyone was looking forward to. Also, another big point, Xorn and Thorn... what is it with Square making bs villians that just piss you off but never offer a challenge. Their like the Seymour, or the Heidegarr/Scarlet of this game. I could say Siefer or Gabranth, but they had a really good storyline behind them. Xorn and thorn.... no, they're just they to be really annoying and not actually credit the storyline at all.

I did like all the CG in this game though as well as the length of the storyline. After playing through FFXII I realized how short a game could be, and this game actually had a lot of twists and turns as well as places to go, something that the less graphically challenged games have been severely lacking (save for FFXI). After seeing the ending movie again I realized why this game was so great, it has a love story that actually comes together in the end and is shown passionately from both sides, it gives you that feeling of "I want that" when you see the tears of joy rolling down Garnet's face, and no I will not call her Dagger... that's a retarded name and I'm not using it... I might call her Sarah since that's her real name, but no way in hell am I calling her Dagger. Ok I can't think of anything else to say other than I actually kinda like the game now, and since I'm done with the storyline, and I have Excalibur II, I think I'll begin the side quests next time I turn it on.... at least the ones I can... sorry hippaul racing... no can do.

((forgive me if I ranted a little... I haven't slept for a few days and I'm getting a little hyper/edgey))

Mwa, ranting is good!

Well, you know I agree with you on Quina, and while I detest Zorn and Thorn as well, I still kind of like that they're there, and I do like the way they talk. It would hae been nice to have more Freya, but they couldn't have done too much more with her, I think. They just needed to wrap her story up better. Seeing Burmecia, too, would've been awesome, but infortunately, I don't see how it could have fit in (except maybe in a flashback?). I love the way IX looks, and I love that there are so many cutscenes too. Every time I see the end, I cry; I just love happy endings, and Square pulled it off splendidly. I call her Dagger, because that's as much her name as Garnet is, and I don't like Brahne. I'd call her Sarah, but it is a small spoiler, and it can get confusing. Plus, she prefers to be called Dagger in the game.

I'm so glad you don't hate IX anymore. ^^ My job here is done.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:44 pm
It's a shame that FFIX suffered such an unappreciated fate. It really is.

I think their were many reasons, one being that the last 2 FF games that came before that (VII and VIII) had more of a realistic look and feel to them which made it more easier for people to relate to the characters. IX had more of a fantasy atmosphere to it and looks wise, it was very different to VII and VIII so this probably put alot of people off because for some people the first FF games to be released on the PS1 were the first FF games they ever played. For some of these people, they felt betrayed. It seemed that this game was just too different and because for one reason or another (Because it didn't have Sephiroth or whatever) they didn't want to really know about it.

Of course this is just my speculation and it could just be as flawed as anyone elses. Personally I loved the game and everything about it. It was like being 5 again and playing the older FF games (Back when you could have 4 members at a time).  

Klous d-Arc

Lord-penance736

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:32 am
I loved kuja in it.. he was a better villain than sephiroth..

But his final battle music couldnt match one winged angel..  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:13 pm
ff9 is the best! i agree with the person who said that kuja was- IS - the best villian ever!!!! I LOVE 9!!!!! i hate that no one knows about it....they should make IT into a movie so ppl will start to know about it! yeah! 4laugh  

Megami Ryu

BabyAud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:25 pm
The One_Neo Bahamut
The best game ever.

Yup, the best game i've played.. redface heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:42 pm
Marth12489
I just started playing FFIX again and I love it! I just finished killing that Gizamiluke (spelling?) serpent boss. My favorite scene of all time is when Vivi attacks the third Black Waltz with his fire spell. I play the game just for that scene. I also liked Blank very much. I really didn't like Quina or Eiko because with Quina, as people have said before, s/he is just a big minigame. I liked the blue magic but there was no storyline to Quina's past. It was just "Go and take Quina with you to find better things to eat." or something like that. As for Eiko, she just wasn't one of my favorites. She was always so weak too. She was just like Garnet with different summons and that was a waste. Although there was one summon in IX that everyone says is the best but I haven't gotten it. I don't know who gets it either. I guess I'll find out when I'm playing this time through.

I want to fight that Ozma secret boss dude. i heard he was in the Alexandria library or something and I remember fighting some book monster there but I don't remember if that was Ozma or not. I've also seen people beat Ozma at level one. I don't see how it can be done especially with such a low hp and mp. You won't even get to use summons if you wanted to. Unless you had the best armor that makes you only get 1 damage from every attack then you're probably screwed. I doubt there even is an armor that does that for you.

Wow... sorry for the long post. I doubt it makes any sense what-so-ever.

My God, Eiko needs to DIE! I love ffIX, but Eiko drives me nuts. Probably mainly because she has a thing for Zidane, even though he's 10 years older than her, And I have a thing for Zidane. He's MINE! Eiko can't have him!! GRR!! DIE EIKO!!!!!!(But it's ok for Garnet to have him, cause she's cool and i wish i could be her.)

ok that was my rant about what i hate most in the game.

Necron, kinda does have a purpose. though it's very obscure and difficult to figure out what exactly it is.

and I LOvE Beatrix. no not in that way, she's just realy cool. Infact, my user name on a ton of sites has become Beitrix, because I like her so much (so if you ever find someone named Beitrix online somewhere you know it's me)

and Kuja just rocks. I mean, what's not to love about a girly man in a thong?! It's cool! (IMO) Way better than a Long sword wielding, silver haired, man who wished he was god.

And Blank is the awesomest non-main character out there. He's just cool.

the music is my most favorite final fantasy sound track ever. enough so that i actualy BOUGHT it for once.

If you have not figured it out yet (which would be sad), FFIX is my MOST favorite final fantasy game ever. It rocks my socks. yeay Fantastical Fantasy settings that are so unrealistic it's awesomer than something that is realistic.I think i've started to stop making sence! am i starting to talk paradoxical talk? it's the beginning of the end! I need to start stopping this rant. But i love FFIX too much to stop ranting!! Gah!! ok i'm done.  

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

666y

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:34 pm
final fantasy 9 rules
I like the game i think it is the best biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:20 pm
now that i think about it more, i realy like the game for tetra master, I'm still trying to collect all the cards, i have like, almost 80 of them, going for complete collection  

Beitrix

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Millenium Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:28 pm
I don't understand why people would forget a game that good maybe it was that only 2 people could summon and 3 people use magic.  
Final Fantasy IX

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff