Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
knitting project

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KnitterChick1993

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:01 pm
I am just about to finish my first scarf, Yipeeee 4laugh . Does anyone have any other ideas for another project for a beginner knitter? heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:18 pm
Perhaps a bag? It's pretty easy if you knit two squares for the front and back, or just make a large rectangle and fold it.  

Brunette_Star

KnitterChick1993

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:23 pm
thanks! I think I'll do that (I got a lot of yarn for Christmas and I can't make it all into scarves, that's boring!)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:11 pm
I agree; a bag would be relatively easy. I would also reccomend perhaps making a toque sort of hat? There are realy simple patterns for those, and they usually turn out pretty good. mrgreen  

Beboots

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:35 am
Bags are really simple, and you can use the simpleness to get into slightly more difficult stuff. I just made a bag for my friend for christmas and I put a music note on the front and stripes around the body of it. It's cute!
If I can I'll get a picture of her with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:05 am
You can also go to http://www.lionbrand.com and look at some of their free patterns. (There are probably other websites with free patterns, too - anybody know of any?) Of course, they'll tell you to use their yarn, but nobody will call the Yarn Police if you use a different brand with their patterns. pirate  

Brunette_Star

KnitterChick1993

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:37 am
Of course they'll tell you to use their yarn so the can get money blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:20 pm
You could always browse Knitty. They've got a lot of patterns to look at. 3nodding  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items