Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Broom Closet...please help! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IceQueenMizore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:13 pm
Same problem. Minus all the helpful support of the mentor, though they won't help you without consent...
I have an hour after school (i get out early) and night. My door has no lock, (my dad is insanely suspicious for no reason) and Morning I wake up WAAAAAYYY earlier than the rest of my family. But I have to cook in the morning, and am insaley worn out the other 2 time or the parents are up so Its slow goings ons.

Don't get money much so I can't really buy books period, I only got 3 and ones Silver Ravenwolf so its useless. Balls. Saving up for a fourth. BUT, I have to put the in my backpack because I dont have much privacy. SO thats not good...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:35 pm
I'm falling even more in love with you, letting go all I've held onto... ...

I had the same problem when I was a teenager, but I realized pretty early on that I didn't need all of that stuff (the herbs, the candles, etc.) to be Pagan. Yeah, I needed to read up on it and I did purchase books, but thankfully my parents assumed they were fantasy/mythology research. The big thing was what I felt and how I let those feelings alter who I was in my day to day life. And it's not like my parents were going to sneak into my room and catch me meditating at 1AM. So long as I had that connect to my God and Goddess then that was what matters.

That and I was big on respecting my parents' domain. The house was their's and I had to follow their rules, which meant I could investigate other religions, but I couldn't practice them. I could barely practice Catholicism, because my step-dad was against it, even though my grandma had raised me in that religion.

Now that I'm older and I pay rent to my parents, I can do whatever I want because I pay for that freedom.

I know it seems like you have to have all of those things now, but the Goddess isn't going to turn away from you just because you don't have a pentacle on your wall or a large collection of herbs that you'll hardly ever use, or even if you never do a single spell. I think what's important for a teenager in that situation is to remember to have patience, because you're not going to be in that house forever.

I'm standing here until you make me move, I'm hanging by a moment here with you.

raging-earth

Faerth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:39 am
♪♫♪♫

@ Rainbow Holocaust;
zOMG! I'm from southern Idaho! I'm living in Florida right now, though (my mom said it was ''too cold'', so wehad to move here). But on the bright side, there are a lot of pagan/witchy stores here, and my mom doesn't give a $h!t what religion I follow.
Anyways, you don't actually have to buy books, you could just study whatever you need from the internet (provided it's a reliable source!), there are some very good references in the Midnight Library.

I wish you all the best of luck!

♫♪Stalking Your Forums,
One Post At A Time... ♪♫

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:19 pm
Rainbow Holocaust
I'm in somewhat of a similar situation.... I have no way of studying Wicca, though, because I happen to live in North Idaho, where all books you can get at a library are either on christianity or "How to Tell if My Child is in a Cult" and all the "What to Do" type things....
So I have no way of studying.
I am also bisexual (hey, we have a lot in common! lol) but my parents don't know.. Well, my dad does, but he lives across the country.... So that's no help stare
Good luck... I'm fifteen so I don't have TOO long, I guess... How about you?

Ditto, I live in south east idaho, we have almost no books on Wicca here either, I order mine off of Amazon, but I am broke so I have not gotten anything lately. My parents are....Ok with it I guess, a little uneasy, but ok with it.

Ookami hime95

Hygienic Vampire

EstellaHanzatsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:51 pm
I'm in the same sort of situation. My mom would not appreciate my studying witchcraft. luckily for me if i buy candles and stuff she just figure i'm going through a "goth" phase and am trying to be dark and what not. However I am goth but it's so not a phase i will probably be goth forever.
Anyway i don't have much to hide as i've been afraid to buy anything in case my mom got suspicious. I saw the most beautiful little metal bowl in a thrift shop that would be perfect to use for various things but i was with my mom and i didn't want her to question me on it. I'd have to use an excuse like "it looks cool and i can put stuff in it"
I also need a mentor though. I am also new and i don't learn so well on my own >.<
either way only 3 people know i'm studying. My best friend, also studying, her mother, who used to be pagan, and my best friends ex-boyfriend who is wiccan.
I probably could ask him to be my mentor but i don't like him so much, i've lost all respect for him due to various circumstance.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:26 pm
i am 13 and i also live in Pennsylvania. here u can find books on Wicca and people are a lot more excepting then other places. i went through this at one point because my mother actually used to do Wicca but she stopped when she got married. she thinks its dangerous and she didn't want me to get into it. then when i started to ignore her and be my own person she got over it and let me practice Wicca. just let them kno whats going on and tell them that is who u are and if they don't like it then, tough.  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:58 pm
Quote:
then when i started to ignore her and be my own person she got over it and let me practice Wicca. just let them kno whats going on and tell them that is who u are and if they don't like it then, tough.

The fact of the matter is, as long as one is still living at home, then one must abide by the rules of the house. If that means not practicing, until one is of age, then that's the way it is.

Legally parents have the right to decide (for you) what you can/cannot practice until you are of age, so willfully defying them is never a good idea. Not only is it disrespectful, but if you can't have the patience to wait a few years, then this probably isn't really the path for you. If you want them to respect your decisions, then you have to earn that respect. Flaunting their rules to their face, isn't the best way to earn it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm
Except it's their house and they're your guardian. You don't like it, tough; not the other way around.

I guess I'm just lucky my mom didn't mind? My mom threw a big fit over me reading about vampires (I still don't understand that..) but was perfectly fine with getting me witchcraft books. She said "oh it's just a phase", and decided to say "fine, if you're not Christian, you can't have Christmas" which REALLY is perfectly okay with me. xd I have such a difficult time deciding what I want. Plus then I have to think of things that are in her budget range.. Then she said that I have to celebrate Christmas with the family, because it's about family, not a religion. smile
Other than that, she's not interested in what I do. I've tried talking with her about it, but she pretty much ignores me, lol. Whatever, works for me. Not like I live there anymore anyway.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Ringwiln

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:21 am
Mariah Clark Rocks
I'm 18 and I'm still in that situation. My mother and I are in a don't ask don't tell thing. The thing is that I'm not hiding it, I'm open with it. So if anyone needs help, just tell me. I know a bit and I can be that complain to girl. ^^

I'm 19 and in the same situation with my parents! Seems being of legal age does nothing for you if you still live at home...My sisters know what I do, but I have to hide my books, tarot cards, everything from my brother and parents...
They know I'm not Christian, though not that I'm Bi, but there is still a silence that...makes me very unhappy. Family won't always accept you. My advice is keep steady until you move out. Keep your beliefs in your heart and actions and hold on my friend! You'll get there.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:23 pm
Ringwiln

I'm 19 and in the same situation with my parents! Seems being of legal age does nothing for you if you still live at home...
Well being of legal age doesn't mean much of anything if they are still supporting you.
Quote:
My sisters know what I do, but I have to hide my books, tarot cards, everything from my brother and parents...
Why? And if it is against their wishes why do you feel justified in disobeying them.
Quote:
They know I'm not Christian, though not that I'm Bi, but there is still a silence that...makes me very unhappy.
Well sound's like you know what you need to do.
Quote:
Family won't always accept you.
But honesty makes things easier. They accept you as not being Christian, that's pretty big.
Quote:
My advice is keep steady until you move out. Keep your beliefs in your heart and actions and hold on my friend! You'll get there.
As long as it's within the wishes of your host and local laws you might want to add too.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Ringwiln

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 am
rmcdra
Ringwiln

I'm 19 and in the same situation with my parents! Seems being of legal age does nothing for you if you still live at home...
Well being of legal age doesn't mean much of anything if they are still supporting you.
Quote:
My sisters know what I do, but I have to hide my books, tarot cards, everything from my brother and parents...
Why? And if it is against their wishes why do you feel justified in disobeying them.
Quote:
They know I'm not Christian, though not that I'm Bi, but there is still a silence that...makes me very unhappy.
Well sound's like you know what you need to do.
Quote:
Family won't always accept you.
But honesty makes things easier. They accept you as not being Christian, that's pretty big.
Quote:
My advice is keep steady until you move out. Keep your beliefs in your heart and actions and hold on my friend! You'll get there.
As long as it's within the wishes of your host and local laws you might want to add too.

I have to wonder why your quoting me and not giving advice to the OP...
Sigh.

1. I realize that. I was just complaining.

2. Even grown, home-owning Witches hide what they practice. Most Witches on this website are always talking about how they hide their books, tarot cards, ect.

3. Right, remain silent because my current relationship with my parents is of more concern to me than letting them know that I'm attracted to both sexes.

4. "Accept" is not really the word. They know that I don't believe it, but I can't talk about it and they think it's a phase.

5. Shouldn't an 18yr old already know that?

*Edited  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:51 pm
you must have some privecy on the internet or you wouldnt be here smile so read up on the internet..if you find something wrong in the website chances are lots of things will be wrong so ingore those sites but otherwise the internet is a great way to learn. witchforum.com is a good website for that if it helps although it takes a wile to get accepted into it. the great thing about being a witch is there is soooo much freedom in it. you dont have to worry about the great goddess turning you away for small things like that where other religious you would be. we have it so great cuz we can see the truth...in my opinion. wat else is good? meditation and prayer are pritty much all you need. if you can get a book "where to park your broom stick: a teens guide to witchcraft" is a great book. it has so much to tell to those who have so much to learn. but then again if you cant purches books (or go to the library...hello great place to get free books, as long as you return them on time *ekk*) then you still have the internet. your parents probibly think your excentric anywho so...hey, whats a little more. Scify. lol, also you can just go outside and try to appreciate the natuyral world. even if you live in the city, the skys the limmit wink

blessed be!  

great_goddess_Anu

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 pm
Ringwiln

I have to wonder why your quoting me and not giving advice to the OP...
Sigh.
Because the OP is from 2006.

Quote:
1. I realize that. I was just complaining.
okay.

Quote:
2. Even grown, home-owning Witches hide what they practice. Most Witches on this website are always talking about how they hide their books, tarot cards, ect.
But that's not the issue. The issue is that if you are living with someone and that someone is taking care of you by providing housing, utilities, food, etc... why is it ethical for a person to disobey the wishes of their hosts if they are not requesting something that is outside the boundaries of local laws?

Quote:
3. Right, remain silent because my current relationship with my parents is of more concern to me than letting them know that I'm attracted to both sexes.
Okay.

Quote:
4. "Accept" is not really the word. They know that I don't believe it, but I can't talk about it and they think it's a phase.
that's better than some. It's at least it's some kind of step.

Quote:
5. Shouldn't an 18yr old already know that?
You'd be quite surprised at how many don't.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:08 pm
Quote:
you dont have to worry about the great goddess turning you away for small things like that where other religious you would be.

Which religions are like this, and what are these small things?
I'm not sure I know your goddess... are there any things for which she would turn you away?

Quote:
we have it so great cuz we can see the truth...in my opinion.

"We" being...? witches? What's the truth we can see?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out