Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Snape a good guy?
  yes
  no
View Results

JustWantYou2KnowWhoIAm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:49 pm
We know with JKR, that things are never what they seem. We thought Scabbers was a rat, we thought Hagrid opened the chamber of secrets, we even thought - during book one that Hermione was just a stuffy know it all. Now, we have been proven wrong on every account I mentioned above. Obviously JKR wants us to think Snape is bad because he killed Dumbledore but, what if that was the plan all along?

We know Dumbledore loves Harry in the same way that a Grandfather loves his Grandsone. He already told us that his love for Harry has gotten in the way in the past. I think Dumbledore and Snape both knew what would happen that night. In other words, Snape killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's own orders.

In killing Dumbledore, Lord Voldemort now knows that Snape is on his side. I think Lord Voldemort and the rest of his supporters were unsure about Snape. The perfect way for Snape to pretend to be on their side is for him to kill Dumbledore. It is a perfect plan isnt it? Harry must fight Voldemort alone. We know Dumbledore loved Harry too much all of us know that Dumbledore wouldnt have been able to let Harry fight alone. He knew the only way to stop himself would be to die and what better way than to have Snape do it, he could get back in with Voldemort and work as a double agent.

Think about it everyone. Throught the entire book we have been asked to trust Dumbledore. The Dumbledore I know would do anything to help Harry - to the point of death it's self. Besides, is Dumbledore really gone? I am sure if Dumbledore has left more information for Harry. We already know that Dumbledore's portrate hangs in the headmaster's room. Will Dumbledore help Harry through the portrate? Only book seven will tell us. Thanks for reading my oppinions everyone!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:06 pm
I completely agree that there has to be more to Snape and Dumbledore than we know. I don't believe for a second that Dumbledore trusted Snape because Snape went to him after Lily and James were killed and said he was sorry...I mean, Dumbledore's not stupid. Ok, he's trusting to a certain extent but I can't believe he is that trusting.

My personal belief is that Snape loved Lily and when she was murdered, that's what made him go to the good side. I don't think he would have minded James' death, but I don't think he wanted Lily to die. But what passed between him and Dumbledore, I don't know.

I do believe, though, that at the end, when Dumbledore said "Severus" and Snape's face screwed up with hate, that Dumbledore was begging to be killed and that Snape hated himself for doing it.

I really enjoy these arguments, I love having them with my Snape-hating friend.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

JustWantYou2KnowWhoIAm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:59 am
Thanks I dont know if Snape loved Lilly.He may have it is a good theory. I do think you are right though, I am sure that Dumbledore has real reasons for trusting Snape and not just silly ones. Throught this entire series we have been told to trust Dumbledore and I do. The person I am more weary of than Snape is Percy Weasley but, that is for another board.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:00 pm
JustWantYou2KnowWhoIAm
Thanks I dont know if Snape loved Lilly.He may have it is a good theory. I do think you are right though, I am sure that Dumbledore has real reasons for trusting Snape and not just silly ones. Throught this entire series we have been told to trust Dumbledore and I do. The person I am more weary of than Snape is Percy Weasley but, that is for another board.
Yeah i totally agree with what you just said  

Volley_chick

JustWantYou2KnowWhoIAm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:56 am
thanks! cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:55 pm
I disagree.

Why would Snape be on the Death Eaters side, flip to the good side, then go over again if he was still good? He KILLED Dumbledore.

No matter how full of surprises J.K. is, he is not good. If anyone were to switch sides, it would be Draco or Wormtail.

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

phitt-phunky-phuka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:16 pm
there are some good theorys there!!!
i personally believe that snape was a death eater, but then realised he was wrong and went to dumbledore for help.
dumbledore then told him to pretend to spy on him, so snape was on dumbleores side, but was predending to be spying on dumbledore for voldemort!
dumbledore told snape that it was of the utmost importance to keep making sure voldemort believed that he was sping on dumbledore (and harry) and that included doing anything that he needed to do to make sure voldemort believed that snape was really a death eater (that included killing dumbledore)
i think that this decieving thing is the most important thing for voldemorts doownfall, and that harry will need snapes help in defeating v!!
(but then harry will have to decide weather to believe snape of course cus hes always thought of snape as being the bad guy!!!)
does that make sense????!!
i hope so!
and its just my thoughts!!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:13 pm
Princess Mandy
I disagree.

Why would Snape be on the Death Eaters side, flip to the good side, then go over again if he was still good? He KILLED Dumbledore.

No matter how full of surprises J.K. is, he is not good. If anyone were to switch sides, it would be Draco or Wormtail.
[/quote

So he's a double double agent is he?

Remus_Lupin3

Kitsune Rin Yamamoto

Hopeful Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:59 pm
Spoilt_lil_missy
I completely agree that there has to be more to Snape and Dumbledore than we know. I don't believe for a second that Dumbledore trusted Snape because Snape went to him after Lily and James were killed and said he was sorry...I mean, Dumbledore's not stupid. Ok, he's trusting to a certain extent but I can't believe he is that trusting.

My personal belief is that Snape loved Lily and when she was murdered, that's what made him go to the good side. I don't think he would have minded James' death, but I don't think he wanted Lily to die. But what passed between him and Dumbledore, I don't know.

I do believe, though, that at the end, when Dumbledore said "Severus" and Snape's face screwed up with hate, that Dumbledore was begging to be killed and that Snape hated himself for doing it.

I really enjoy these arguments, I love having them with my Snape-hating friend.

My thoughts exactly  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Oh! Most excellent! (& now, please forgive this rather long winded answer.)

I was rereading Book 6 the other day (make that present tense seeing as I am currently rereading it, but still...) and I came upon the following conversation between Bellatrix and Severus from "Spinner's End". Severus is currently defending his loyalities to the Dark Lord at this time so that Bellatrix would allow him a tad bit more trust.

USHBP, pg 31
"I am pleased to say, however, that Dumbledore is growing old. The duel with the Dark Lord last month shook him. He has since sustained a serious injury because his reactions are slower than they once were. But through all these years, he has never stopped trusting Severus Snape, and therein lies my great value to the Dark Lord."

We will later find out that Dumbledore's right hand died (foreshadowing anyone?) in destroying one of the Dark Lord's horacruxes (the Slytherin ring) and that Dumbledore trusts only Severus to cure his injuries accuried in these encounters, which says much his abilities in DADA, but yes...

If I were to name one person who has as knowledge of the Dark Arts (and defense there of) as Dumbledore and Voldemort, it would Severus. I would be highly surprised if he was not able to put two and two together (Voldemort's not dying and Dumbledore's hunt and destruction of small objects) and get horcrux, even if Dumbledore did not inform him of exactly what happened.

What Severus does not do is inform Bellatrix of how Dumbledore obtained said injury. This knowledge would be of the greatest importance to the Dark Lord, and yet Severus does not even hint at how it had happened to one of his most favorite pets.

...So, ergo, Severus is most definitely good.

Gornwen

MyBloodyHelena

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:04 pm
eek wow. we have a lot of good points. i belive she wants us to think hes bad. so when i reserved my copy for the deathly hallows i got both stickers. haha mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:08 am
I just think Snape Is Bad... and that he is playing at both sides just for his own benefit... maybe plotting against the Dark Lord now that his emeny is beaten... even if it is revealed that he did it all for good or a redemption ocurrs, I wil still think that he is Bad... and about the Snape - Lily theory... I once though that as Rowling said that we were to know something important about Lily... and that in Book 6 it is said that she can see good in people... that maybe she dated Snape sometime, maybe that´s why he shouted at her on the memory from book five... And maybe that is why he keeps harry alive... but hates him as is the son of James and not his ... but maybe that´s just a crazy theory... But he IS Bad !!!  

QuireDaragoff

4,500 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rand-Alth0r

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:08 pm
JustWantYou2KnowWhoIAm
We know with JKR, that things are never what they seem. We thought Scabbers was a rat, we thought Hagrid opened the chamber of secrets, we even thought - during book one that Hermione was just a stuffy know it all. Now, we have been proven wrong on every account I mentioned above. Obviously JKR wants us to think Snape is bad because he killed Dumbledore but, what if that was the plan all along?

We know Dumbledore loves Harry in the same way that a Grandfather loves his Grandsone. He already told us that his love for Harry has gotten in the way in the past. I think Dumbledore and Snape both knew what would happen that night. In other words, Snape killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's own orders.

In killing Dumbledore, Lord Voldemort now knows that Snape is on his side. I think Lord Voldemort and the rest of his supporters were unsure about Snape. The perfect way for Snape to pretend to be on their side is for him to kill Dumbledore. It is a perfect plan isnt it? Harry must fight Voldemort alone. We know Dumbledore loved Harry too much all of us know that Dumbledore wouldnt have been able to let Harry fight alone. He knew the only way to stop himself would be to die and what better way than to have Snape do it, he could get back in with Voldemort and work as a double agent.

Think about it everyone. Throught the entire book we have been asked to trust Dumbledore. The Dumbledore I know would do anything to help Harry - to the point of death it's self. Besides, is Dumbledore really gone? I am sure if Dumbledore has left more information for Harry. We already know that Dumbledore's portrate hangs in the headmaster's room. Will Dumbledore help Harry through the portrate? Only book seven will tell us. Thanks for reading my oppinions everyone!

I love your theory.
but it was told that voldemort trusted snape more than all of the others, and i dont think snape was PLANNING on giving the unbreakable oath...BUT
J.k. rowling stated that there was a reason that dumbledore HAD to die and that it was necessary so...maybe  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:46 pm
Princess Mandy
I disagree.

muahaha don't you feel silly now?  

Monster-Kun

4,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Book 7- Rumors and Predictions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items