Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sim Pictures/Albums/Stories/Videos
Your most amazing houses! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:40 pm
I've attempted many times to make a house in the hills, you know? With a bunch of mountains on the largest piece of land, and more of landscape then actual house. But I always fail at that. Somehow I can NEVER make it so that my sims can actually get acess to the house from the sidewalk. lol. I've wanted to make it so that it takes forever to get to the front door, almost like going through a long maze, beacause I normally HATE visitors, and it takes them so long to walk through everywhere.

I remember i made a house like that called "wonderland", and it was a house, and it was surounded by a maze, and it too FOREVER to get through it to the front door, and then to get around t othe "secret backyard guarden/pool" but it sucked because when my sim would come home from work, he'd always have to use the bathroom really badly, so he had to pretty much run through the maze everyday to get to the bathroom that was up on the third floor of the house. Lol. I felt bad, but then i finally decided to make a bathroom in the middle of the maze so that they can have a bathroom break. Haha.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:05 am
My newest sims 3 legacy house is almost finished. They just ran out of funds rolleyes

Basement
Main floor kitchen, dining, nursery, master bed and bath
Second story with bedrooms
I fail at getting proper screenshots but this looks way better in game
User Image
Into the basement
Legacy pictures behind glass so the burglars can't get at them
Front entrance
User Image
The back view of stairs from the sunroom
The basement gym and laundry room X3
User Image
Bonus attic  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:10 am
That's one HECK of a COOL house! My houses never come anywhere near looking that good. Nice job.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:20 am
@ JadeDragonSoul

O________O *is in shock*

I suck at making houses. . . I usually just build little two-story square ones xD

Music Breaks Hearts

Wheezing Sex Symbol

The FoxyTrot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:09 am
My god, that is the most awesome house that I've seen! You've now inspired me to try making my houses better ^^. EXCELLENT JOB!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:41 am
I just did this one but it's not really amazing. xD Just amazingly big. (took up the whole lot)

Furnished: 246,736
Unfurnished: 186,736
And this is just the outside. I didn't even do anything on the inside.

User Image  

Madame Royale

Invisible Regular

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:49 pm
How do you guys take such great indoor shots? When I try the walls just get in the way.

Anyway, here is my latest building attempt after reading this thread.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Outdoor shots only cos the indoor ones sucked, and I worked so hard on making a unique kitchen. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:05 pm
Nice, I suck at making my houses look nice outside xd

For better indoor pics use the free cam mode ~ put all the walls up, go to the top floor above the roof, press the 'TAB' key

Raise altitude - 'E'
Lower altitude - 'Q'
Arrow keys to move around
'Z' and 'X' to zoom in and out
Exit free cam mode - 'ESC'

You can only press it once in build mode without a family, but in live mode you can do it as much as you want.

I don't know why there isn't a tutorial for it in the game. Its so simple but there are no instructions for it anywhere xp

@Madame Royale: Jeez thats big! Its so grande looking. I'd be afraid to fall down the stairs xd  

elevator

Friendly Friend

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:19 pm
Here's onother one I did for a MTS contest:

Sky View House

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

(Pics are clickable thumbs)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:21 pm
Elevator: In your pictures you clearly have a split level house. I don't get how you did that on the Sims 3.

Novasurge

Versatile Man-Lover

8,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

elevator

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:45 pm
Novasurge
Elevator: In your pictures you clearly have a split level house. I don't get how you did that on the Sims 3.

Its with the cheat Constrainfloorelevation false
Its really complicated to figure out at first. Theres a bunch of tutorials here, particularly in the building category with half-walls, garages, and split leveling, or in landscaping with bridges.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:26 am
Ohh okay. Thanks!

Speaking of half-walls, apparently they're coming with the new Sims 3 expansion pack.

Novasurge

Versatile Man-Lover

8,850 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

elevator

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 am
Thats awesome, finally.
Hopefully it'll be included in the patch like basements were. I love my free game updates 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:42 pm
Upon approaching Cindhil Ru Manor, you are taken in by its Oasis Allure. You climb a set of stairs and face a gorgeous bridge that arches over a striking lilly-filled pond. Once crossed, the bridge splits down another set of stairs and you're welcomed by a pair of fountains. A few steps to the front door and you enter a new world.
Upon entering, you find yourself in a subtle blue room containing a light amount of furniture. Modern sofas and lighting brings you into a comfortable seating arrangement to enjoy the flat screen television and warm fire.
If you walk through either of the doorways bordering the fireplace, you find yourself in the study. A gothic decor with a chilly atmosphere almost makes you want to fly through your study time. The warmest part of the room is the large bay window which brings in the spectacular view of the backyard.
Back in the blue room, if you turn toward the west side of the house and pass the stairs to the Adult quarters, you enter the kitchen. A warm and country environment is the perfect place for cooking hearty meals for a growing family. You have the choice to eat at the breakfast bar or the small table before the fireplace. Or, if you're up for more of a country feel, you can sit outside on the patio and enjoy a true outdoor meal.
If you want more of a regal dining experience, you can head through the doorway closest to the fireplace and sit in the Formal Dining room. A luxurious and happy feel; the perfect place to sit your birthday and promotional party guests. Even if you don't feel like cooking, you're covered with a fully prepared buffet table.
Back in the blue room, if you head eastward and pass the stairs to the Child's Quarters, you find a small room that gives birth to three doors. If you go through the one on the immediate right, you find yourself in the Guest Bedroom. A floral and pale pink room hopefully caters mostly to female guests. Any man in this room would quickly grow a uterus.
The middle door leads to the Guest Bathroom. Quite a different turn from the lovely and therapeutic feel of the room next door. The Guest Bath is decorated in black and red tile and stone with a large massaging spa bathtub and walk in shower.
The door on the immediate left takes you to the nursery. A colourful and lively place to start those first few years of live. Complete with everything a child needs to keep themselves busy. And they still have they're independence, as they have the option to waddle outside and enjoy the sunshine as they play in the sandbox.
Back inside, up the stairs to the Child's Quarters you go. It contains minute things to keep a child entertain while enhancing their skills.
If you walk through the door there's a small room which contains a simple dresser.
If you cross the room in a straight line you wind up in the Child's Bedroom. A quaint little environment with no distractions to ensure a good night's rest.
Back in the last room, across from the dresser, is the Child's Bathroom. Earthy, healthy tones bring you into the perfect mood for relaxing.
If you dance up the stairs to the Adult's Quarters there is a room similar to one in the Child's Quarters, expect with more logic based skill builders, and a fish tank.
The fish tank compliments the Adult's Bathroom, as it has a soft beach theme. This is by far my favourite room in the house, as it brings a serene feeling of absolute isolation, which is exactly what anyone would want while soaking in the tub.
The Adult's room is a violet den of French decor. Large windows give a bird's eye view of the lilly pond below.
For a tour of the grounds, I'll introduce you first to the Spinx Fountain, viewed from the Study. The patio branches both eat, west and north. The West path leads to the Garden corner. Six plots set aside just for fruit baring trees on either side of the Greenhouse. Plenty of rooms to grow the perfect garden with a nearby sink for efficient washings.
The East Path leads past the perfect place for working out. Many choices supply you with your perfect body. Use it while you can, cause when its all worn out, that perfect body with go into the Family Masoleum.
Upon entering the tomb, you see several place holders for urns, as well as a set of stairs leading to the underground. Peaceful bodies resting in the afterlife amongst placeholders for every member of the family.
Straight across from the Spinx Fountain is another bridge arched delicately over the pool. A place to watch your friends and family swim or a place to leap from in a game of dare.
Houses are a wonderful place where children take their first steps, are protected from bullies, thunder storms, and the outside world. xXxxXx

User Image  

Carantathraiel

Darth Kosher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 pm
Carantathraiel, that is an AWESOME house!! I love it! I love the grounds, I love the rooms, I especially LOVE the tubs. Very nicely done. =)  
Sim Pictures/Albums/Stories/Videos

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff