Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
anyone got any easy knit paterns

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

krapolaonastick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:41 pm
i got none  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:29 am
krapolaonastick
i got none

I think it depends on what you consider easy. An easy pattern to me would include knitting, purling, increasing and decreasing, but no cables, knitting in the round, lace, or color-work.  

Catcheen
Crew

DragonRissa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:58 pm
I have been known to make patterns... I made a gaggle of finger puppets (a duck, mouse, cat, monster, worm with hat and scarf, lion, snake and jellyfish) and I've also done a pattern for a small knitted chicken. I am intending some day to put them in the Guild... but me lazy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:37 am
If you're familiar with knitting and purling I've seen a site with lots of rags with different patterns. I made a sailboat cloth in a few days time.

Or you could just browse the "free pattern" section on knittinghelp.com  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:42 pm
I love Lion Brand's free knitting and crochet patterns. Although I admit, I rarely use Lion Brand yarn when making any of them. (Shhh...don't call the Yarn Police!)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:46 pm
i think basic shawls and scarves are the easiest patterns. if they start getting boring, you can always start playing with lace patterns or cableing  

anashenwrath

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:57 pm
I'd also check out the ever-popular www.knitty.com

The patterns are usually well written and anything marked 'mellow' should be great for beginners.

That and it's free (yeah, free!)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:27 pm

well you can always make a scraf or soemthing simple liek that but it just depends on what you think is simple. if you are ok with wiith something with shapping, than try something that involves the DPNs.

Kanhoro

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff