Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
READ POST THEN ANSWER POLL!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know how?
  yes
  no
  why?
View Results

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:09 am
How do u knitt a music note onto a bag? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:18 am
Depends on how you mean. If you want to knit a bag with a music note on it I might be able to help. If you already have the bag and want to knit a note on it... I'm not sure.

To knit shapes you'll need graph paper or something like that. Fill in the squares with a pen to make a music note shape built up by small squares. You can then use the diagram to see where you should switch colours when you knit your bag. Just take any old knitting pattern for a bag (or make one up) and insert the note pattern where you want it.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Beboots

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:22 am
I was just going to suggest the same thing as Annchen; graph paper is your friend. I've used it to create simple patterns (hearts, ankhs, etc.), and it's worked well. As Annchen said, if you have the bag already, it would be extremely hard to put on a music note (unless you embroider it on, but I have no clue how one would go about doing it; just that it can be done). It would be simplest to create the bag from scratch and use a pattern you make up yourself.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:23 am
kk 3nodding Thank you soo much! heart  

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:31 am
Check out how to knit with two colours a bit down on the site if you need more help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:49 pm
I have one thing to say: If you want it to turn out right, i'd suggest using knitter's graph paper. It designes the graph paper to be in your gauge, helping the pattern turn out better.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:34 am
That link is getting a bookmark! Might come in handy later.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:41 am
Thanks all of you, you have been soooo helpfull. blaugh heart  

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

kamiyra

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:56 pm
You know what can be even better than knitter's graph paper? Knit Pro. It graphs it for you. Of course, it only has three sizes, and the colors can be a bit complicated sometimes but it's a good way to start. If nothing else, it gives you a base to work from. 3nodding  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games