Submit

Strawberry Pocky Parade

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:21 pm
I just wanted to point something out that I've noticed about the RPing in this sub-forum...

We all respond to other's posts.

arrow "Well, duh! What are we supposed to do, respond to clucking ducks?"

No.

arrow "I don't see the problem, IF there is one...?"

We don't react.

arrow "?"

We all just respond to someone's post. We say like... "So and so grabbed this and began down the corridor, checking for anyone in his path..."

and then the next person will say something like... "My character see's your character and watches him from a distance..."
and then...
"So and so feels eyes upon his back and..."

arrow "What's wrong with that? I still don't get it."

Why don't we ever do something like this?

"So and so grabbed this and began down the corridor, checking for anyone in his path."
"My character sees your character and watches him from a distance. Then, realizing that he'd be soon discovered anyhow, he jumped right out in front of So and So's face and yelled, 'Leave me alone!' Then he grabbed the thing and ran in the other direction."
"So and so nearly died of shock when your character jumped right in front of him. When the thing was stolen from him, his heart skipped a beat, 'No! Come back!' He began to chase your character."

arrow "I don't see the difference."

The second RPist proposed an anomolly in the plot. Instead of all the characters going along smoothly, something happens that one of the RPists didn't plan on.

If we keep writing in a way where we don't want to offend our other RPists then our RPs will be boring and will be ignored. We need to remember to STOP WORRYING about stepping on toes and just exercise those creative muscles!

I've thought of so many things that other people could have done that might have been really cool. Instead, they post in a way that I find somewhat predictable. They want it to go along with the storyline. They want to put the square pegs in the square shaped holes. Why not put two triangular pegs in a square hole? They'll fit, right?

I Hope you all sorta get what I'm talking about.
I don't mind what becomes of this thread: I just hope that most if not all RPists in this SF read what I think before this thread is removed. Thank-you.

heart Miss chloie.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:05 am
I'd love to do that, but I'm always afraid my characters would become too much of attention whores! gonk Duke is a disaster as he is, and Marik can't go around stabbing people because there'd be no way to for him to talk himself out of it. >.<;
I could have Seto do something drastic, but I don't know what. I can't decide to have him do soemthing with Yami or to run to Mokuba! >-<;  

May La Nee

Strawberry Pocky Parade

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:15 am
You've got a point there with Duke and Marik...you always play the extreme characters though. xD Some other people, like myself perhaps, don't.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:28 am
Extreme is good... twisted You should try it sometime.

We should re-start our own little RP. I was thinking about Tristan (or Honda? I forgot) randomly dropping by because he needs help with his homework and he finds Ryou doing something suspicious....

May La Nee

Strawberry Pocky Parade

Barking Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:48 pm
*forgot the point/plot of it*
*thinks for 30 seconds*
No luck
*35*