Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Damn it all...what should I do??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poll for you
  free gold
View Results

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:11 am
I don't own Sims2. I always play Sims1. I got a laptop for Xmas and wanted to move the Sims onto it instead of my moms new desktop because Sims was on our old computer. I own Deluxe Edition, Unleashed, Superstar, and Makin' Magic. Then I borrow Hot Date and Vacation from my aunt. I was installing all of them onto my laptop and I got Deluxe Edition on there. Then I started putting Hot Date on too. Halfway through the installation, it stops at 95% and my disc drive starts making this clicking noise like it can't read the disc. then after about five minutes of being stuck on 95%, a window pops up and says disc (circulation, circulatory, cycle, cyclination, ...some "C"-word meaning circle) error. I took the disc out realized it had been scratched to hell since I had last seen it (T___T my aunt didn't take good care of it). I tried using Colgate toothpaste to get teh scratches out but it didn't help much. I tried the disc three more times and it still got stuck in the same place. I am so discouraged...I even tried copying the disc onto a clean disc that didn't have any scratches on it, but the program said the disc was too scratched to copy the data it needed to burn onto the blank disc. My only other option is to keep cleaning house every day for he rest of the month to buy the $40.00 Special Sims that has all of the sims expansion packs and original Sims combined in it (I think I saw it at Walmart last weekend). Does anyone know what else I could possibly do that might work? Thanks for any help you can give!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:22 am
with 40 dollars you could get the TS2,anyays TS2 is way better TS1......but if you like it better try it another day or go to a computer store to get it checked out.......  

+Aniko_Chan+

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:33 am
I know this is possibly sacrilege, but you could always not install hot Date. Install the others, see how much you miss Hot Date and if you do then make the money to buy it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:12 am
+Aniko_Chan+
with 40 dollars you could get the TS2,anyays TS2 is way better TS1......but if you like it better try it another day or go to a computer store to get it checked out.......

Yeah, I'd say just go with Sims 2. If you really want to keep playing TS1, you can try ebay or another site to buy a used, non-scratched disk maybe.
It'd prolly be cheaper. 3nodding  

FullmetalBeast

Spectrum_Rhapsody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:36 am
Thanks for your guys' help!  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items