2 stars
  1 star
View Results

CocoaCoatedCoffeeBean
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:33 pm
User Image

Blood Diamond
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Set against the backdrop of civil war and chaos in 1990's Sierra Leone, Danny Archer, a South African mercenary, and Solomon Vandy, a Mende fisherman are joined in a common quest to recover a rare pink diamond that can transform their lives. While in prison for smuggling, Archer learns that Solomon--who was taken from his family and forced to work in the diamond fields--has found and hidden the extraordinary rough stone. With the help of Maddy Bowen, an American journalist whose idealism is tempered by a deepening connection with Archer, the two men embark on a trek through rebel territory, a journey that could save Solomon's family and give Archer the second chance he thought he would never have.

Has potential... i don't know tho...
-Cocoa heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:59 am
I found it to be amazing. Although I almost cried throughout the entire film it amazingly captures the struggle and tragedy that Africe went and is still to this day going through.
Of course many people don't even know what's going on over there and if you don't-then watch this movie. Educate yourself!

Acting wise it was very good, but I think you can't go wrong with Leonardo Dicaprio and Jennifer Connelly...they've been two of my faves for a long time..  

HardCandyHitsugi

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tiyadore

Mega Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:05 am
I like watching that show but it made me sad the whole day (*thinks about the poor people who died)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:52 pm
this movie kinda of reminds me of *hotel rowanda*

i love all of these kinds of movies because not only does it educate people that this behaviour is wrong it tells teh world a true and sad story in a way your not likely to forget  

Kitsune_Ninja___x

Scratch_Fury_DoW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:42 am
I was amazed that it was so good. DiCaprio has had a lot of bad acting rolls lately and this one kinda made up for it. Another good "based on a true story" flick is Last King of Scottland, but it gets pretty graphic and bloody.  
5: Entertainment Stew W. Cocoa

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games