Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
The world is doomed.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel80272

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:17 pm
This has to be the last straw. I went to my college's site, and there, glaring at me, was a survey. But no, it wasn't just ANY survey...

"Tell us what U think."

AT A COLLEGE CAMPUS SITE!!!

Armageddon is around the corner... we're all gonna die!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:41 am
Ouch. And you pay these people money to teach you...  

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:42 pm
Ragnarok is coming...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:37 pm
What the... aren't these supposed to be educators? What life lessons/qualities/math are you supposed to learn from these people?  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Angel80272

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:57 pm
Apparently n00b-talk has infected the very foundations of our college education system. Does anyone have any good ideas as to how I might "convince" them that it's not "cool" to shorten words?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:50 pm
tiger80272
Apparently n00b-talk has infected the very foundations of our college education system. Does anyone have any good ideas as to how I might "convince" them that it's not "cool" to shorten words?

...Send them back to Elementary school? Subliminal messages? A board with a nail through it? Take your pick - I've got more.  

Leoshi

ChibbiChlessla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:02 pm
Complain to the webmaster. Tell him you think it's misrepresenting the establishment of education. Remind him (or her, I should be fair) that they work for a University, and such...infractions...make the school look like a joke.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games