Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Sims 2 for Mac

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:02 pm
[User Image]

ok, this has been bugging me ever since i got ts2 for my mac
    can you download custom content??
    i've downloaded content from the sims 2 website, but that's easy because they're .Sim2Pack files so i can just double click them after i downloaded them
    if it's even possible,
    how can i extract files?
    is there even a winzip/winrar for mac?
    gonk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:10 pm

Ive never used a Mac. Evar. Its like they cease to excist in this country - really not used.. much, or at all.

But can't you just download files like you would on a PC?

Greenzally

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:19 pm
[User Image]

i have a window at my dads and a pc at my moms.. and i was used to only playing the sims2 at my moms.. but my mom got me the sims 2 for mac for christmas ;D
    anyway, that's the thing, i don't know how.
    on a pc, i would either use the qpress thingy from MTS2.. and from anywhere else i would extract the fils with winzip.. but there's no qpress i know of for mac.. and i don't know how to extract files on a mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:25 pm
Have you tried to uzip/rar them on the mac yet? I would guess with how widely used zips and rars are that there is a program available to unpack them somewhere. Have you been to the winrar website to see if they make a mac compatable version?
The game should still read .package files on a mac so the only barrier in your way should be finding something to open the download files.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:37 pm
[User Image]

it seems that i do have a program for extracting files.. well, when i doubled clicked a file i downloaded onto my dekstop it started opening.. microsoft excel i think it was called
    but appaarently i was on the trial version so i can't use it unless i buy it emo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:27 am
I'll ask a friend of mine who owns a mac what she uses to unzip folders. I saw her doing it the other day.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

`R a i n b o w

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:18 pm
[User Image]

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:57 pm
The only type of file you cant actually download is .RAR

But there is probably a file converter out there somewhere. All the .zip files should work for you..(I have mac os x tiger btw)  

WindhoesXP

Blablablacat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:53 pm
I have not had a problem downloading custom content on my mac mini *hugs mac mini*, so I can't help you. I'm sorry. It is nice to know I am not alone in this guild as a mac user.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:06 am
I have a macintosh, and the most recent one.
I can download as much as i like, only if I stick it ONLY in the 'downloads' folder.

barbie doll massacre

Blablablacat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:24 pm
Why do we fear death.....

When I download from MTS2 I can only download zips. No rars. That bothers me a lot because most of the files are rars or as I call them, "RAAARRRs!!!!" ANYWAY. My zip files unzip as I download things. Then I just move the contents of the folder into my downloads folder. I hope you figure it out because downloads are downLOADS of fun. Hehehe.
If it awaits us all?

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff