Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The abomination of people's speech on the internet

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

`o`
  `o`
View Results

`Professional`

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:22 pm
Is deplorable. Does anyone agree with me on this topic. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:26 pm
Everyone in the guild.  

Masamune no Hi

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:18 pm
Yes, we all do. Any one who wishes for me to rant on the subject may PM me, because I do not wish to go into such detail in this guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:23 pm
Everyone BUT ME.

Everyone always forgets about me. :(  

The Man who was Thursday

limp dick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:36 pm
It is deplorable, yet I don't deplore it.

It annoys me.
However, it's their choice to convey their ignorance to all on the internet, and somehow, I'm fine with that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:37 pm
Professional, your question should end in a question mark, not a period.

I find "txt tlk" aggravating in the extreme which is why I co-founded this guild with DarkElf27. Both of us just wanted a sanctuary from the onslaught of inanity.

I truly fear what the Internet will be like in a few decades. Perhaps people won't even use text to communicate anymore, instead using voice and video conferencing which will likely be more reliable by then.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:56 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
Professional, your question should end in a question mark, not a period.

I find "txt tlk" aggravating in the extreme which is why I co-founded this guild with DarkElf27. Both of us just wanted a sanctuary from the onslaught of inanity.

I truly fear what the Internet will be like in a few decades. Perhaps people won't even use text to communicate anymore, instead using voice and video conferencing which will likely be more reliable by then.

I highly doubt we will cease to use text. Maybe voice chatting will take more prevalence for some media (replacing IMs and chatrooms, e.g.) but for forums like these, I doubt it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:15 pm
I think that the use of internet talk is making people lazier and less relucttant to learn the right way. It's utterly shocking how people reject good grammar. I mean, our language was made for a reason.  

Starry Phoenix

Deaf.Screams.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:27 pm
I can't believe how many times people have told me that I write too much. I use actual sentences and punctuation. As I may have trouble spelling I do try my hardest. The thing I find most irritating about my own e-mails from other people is that they insist on not using any periods so it's like one giant sentence........ or long line of words. Whichever, it's irritating none the less.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:36 pm
Starlight_Angel_18: relucttant reluctant

I have yet to be flamed for typing properly, though I'm sure it will happen one day.

The lack of punctuation is annoying in the extreme, which is why I'm somewhat a**l retentive about it (lovely picture, I know).

The worst thing to me though is the Great Wall of Text. I read some stories on Fanfiction.net that just go on and on and on with no breaks in them whatsoever. Honestly people, the Enter key was invented for a reason. Please use it.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items