Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Arghck! *dies*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sen Lee

Mystical Hobo

9,850 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:59 pm
Adobe Premiere hates me... But I guess it's okay. I'm not too fond of it, either. stare

Anywho.. It's sad, I think. I've had an idea for an AMV for the past two and some odd years, ever since I heard this one song and I was like "Dude, this would be so cool to Vampire Hunter D!" So... I ripped my DVD and I have the song and I finally got Premiere and... I can't work it. ~_~; I can't even figure out how to break the uberlong movie rip I have into smaller, easier to handle bits.

I looked at Adobe's online help thingy, but it didn't make much sense... *sigh* Help... crying  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:29 am
I use VirtualDub or VitualDubMod to break it into pieces first and then import those pieces into Premier. That works better than breaking the whole movie up in Premier.  

Zahmira

Sen Lee

Mystical Hobo

9,850 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:06 pm
What is VirtualDub?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:37 pm
Sachynn
What is VirtualDub?
It's a free video editting program. It's very basic, I use it simply for cutting out video clips, but it is possible to make full AMVs with it. I did that once (the Gremlins video).

VitualDubMod is also free, and has been modified to include more stuff. It's probably the better way to go. There are links posted in the How Do I Get Started thread.  

Zahmira

Sen Lee

Mystical Hobo

9,850 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:04 am
Zahmira
Sachynn
What is VirtualDub?
It's a free video editting program. It's very basic, I use it simply for cutting out video clips, but it is possible to make full AMVs with it. I did that once (the Gremlins video).

VitualDubMod is also free, and has been modified to include more stuff. It's probably the better way to go. There are links posted in the How Do I Get Started thread.

I will try that! Thank you so much. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:52 am
No problem. If you need any help, please ask! smile  

Zahmira

Satan is my Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:46 pm
i personaly like the program Showbiz dvd volume 2 but im not a very advanced AMV maker...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:36 am
blakemann
i personaly like the program Showbiz dvd volume 2 but im not a very advanced AMV maker...
What does that program do?  

Zahmira

Satan is my Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:58 pm
Zahmira
blakemann

it basically just cuts video clips and lets u put them in very basic editing software and it has the capabilities to put things onto a DVD disk its pretty good for starting off AMV makers
right now im trying to get use to Pinnacle studio version 9 which has more effects then Showbiz but it crashes often and well u know what that means...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:17 pm
blakemann
Zahmira
blakemann

it basically just cuts video clips and lets u put them in very basic editing software and it has the capabilities to put things onto a DVD disk its pretty good for starting off AMV makers
right now im trying to get use to Pinnacle studio version 9 which has more effects then Showbiz but it crashes often and well u know what that means...
Interesting. I will add it to the list of programs in the "How do I get started?" thread.  

Zahmira

The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff