Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:05 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
And I highly doubt that your definition of angels are the only ones around. For example, the Hindu culture believes in creatures called angel, and last time I check, the Hindus didn't have anything to do with JHVH.
I do believe they are called 'devas' in Hindu mythology. A tennin, in Japanese Buddhism, is "an angel or fairy, a heavenly, beautiful person who may appear on a mountain. To meet one, the pilgrim has to climb to the summit." (Pantheon.org)

Though we, as people, may look they same, each is different. Just as we convey ourselves in a certain language and form best, so might it make sense that each of us best understands the universe in a certain way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:59 am
Well put.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Well put.
Thank you. redface  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:23 pm
The Gods and Goddesses I evoke come to me in dreams on occasion. Once in a while I work with a God I've never met face to face, but I usually tend to stick to the ones I'm familliar with.
Anna Perenna came to me on her festival day, March 15th, straddled my lap, woke me, and kissed me on the lips. I have no idea why. But I tend to try and work with her a lot, as a result. Maybe its a kind of fobidden love? XD Probably not, I love my Jade more than anything.
My other Gods and Goddesses come to me as I am researching them. I can ultimately learn more about them if I meet them, and therefore, I tend to call them to me, or to let them come to me of their own free will, if I can.

Winter Black
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:09 am
I tend just to stcik with the Morrigan and Thoth. No others have called to me as of yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:05 am
I asked others on a message board at one point about how you should know if you are called to a particular deity. I got responses about visions, comfort level, stuff like that.

Then I made a joke that if that was the case, mine should surely be Loki.

Cue voice in my head, "Took you long enough to figure that out!"

Moral of the story: don't make jokes about the Laughing God. wink Unless you're dead serious. mrgreen  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:11 am
Jishin
I asked others on a message board at one point about how you should know if you are called to a particular deity. I got responses about visions, comfort level, stuff like that.

Then I made a joke that if that was the case, mine should surely be Loki.

Cue voice in my head, "Took you long enough to figure that out!"

Moral of the story: don't make jokes about the Laughing God. wink Unless you're dead serious. mrgreen
Interesting.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces