Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Stuff Packs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greenzally

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:34 am

I've never bothered to buy a single stuff pack. I think they're hideous.

Some of my friends say they buy them cause they want extra items.
I can get WAY better content at MTS2 and various other sites.

Spoonfed:
arrow Have you bought any Stuff Packs?
arrow Are you satisfied with them?
arrow Was it a waste of money?
arrow Is MTS2 content just as good?
arrow Anything else relating

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:58 pm
All I can say is, I'm NOT spending $20 on more items for my sims, which don't even really exist. I've never bought them, and I don't plan on buying any of them.  

izfreek

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:11 pm
I buy them. I know the holiday one gives more than just items, Santa comes to your house if you set it up right. I like some of them. Glamour is really nice. Family's a bit lame though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:54 pm
this will probably sound stupid, but I buy them for almost bragging rights...but, it's not like I have anyone to brag to...I just like being able to say "yeah, I have all the sims expansion packs" including the stuff packs...allsooo I will feel left out or behind if I do not own every single one as soon as possible...even the sims online...
my least favorite expansion pack is OFB...I never use it...and if I do...I have to cheat because I still don't have the hang of the business crap..  

athena08905

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:19 pm
I buy the stuff packs; I didn't buy the Holiday one because I knew I wouldn't use it. I would never really bother giving my Sims Christmas, though I suppose I might change my mind once I have seasons and can have them in Summer...or maybe winter for a difference.

But I bought and love Glamour and Family. I love Family because now my children get themed bedrooms that are so cute! Plus I love the swimwear and PJs that came with that pack. And Glamour...I love the furniture that came with that...some of my Sims get to be very sophisticated now, and as for the stereo that came with it...it's now the one thing all my Sims HAVE to have. There are definitely benefits and I'm happier having them than I would be wondering about them.

Plus I don't really download things from MTS2, besides a few cars, and a fantastic Harley Davidson, because I don't really like custom furniture.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:31 pm
No I've never gotten any of the stuff packs, just expansion packs I wanted. (Pets and University) I'd like them, but I'm not willing to pay for 'em.  

JadeDragonSoul

[tofu][rocket]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:56 pm
    I have every expansion except the Holiday one. I'm pleased with Glamour Life and that, yes, it was a good buy.

(C'mon now! Everything's modern!)
    ((I hart modern, by the way; which is probably why I love it...))

Family Fun I'd say was nice but it's not like an ZOMG YOU NEEDA GET IT. It's sorta nice if you have kids but then they grow up and it's like what kind-a teen has fishy-furniture, ya know? I was pleased with it, but not to an extent.

If you think about it, some of the downloadables may have virus's in them and you don't want your computer all glitchy and crazed; so just sayin' the expansions don't have any of that.
    [[although I do looovvee a lot of the downloadable hair/furnitures/make-upz. But not so much MTS2; too confusing and un-organized. I seem to not find what I need there.]]

Overall;; I'd suggest Glamour Life. <3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:49 pm
I bought both glamour life and family fun, and I have to say that I adore them both. >.> I like MTS2, but I dunno...I'm just an addict who has to have everything when it comes to an obsession.

Plus if you don't have certain expansion packs you can't access some of the stuff at MTS2! o: Nothing worse than finding a super duper fancy dress of sheer awesomeness and realizing you can't use it because you didn't spend a mere $20 on an expansion pack. D':

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200

Super Goo

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:46 pm
I have the stuff packs, and I love them. Totally worth the money.

But, then, I don't download custom content. I don't like having it in my game.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:26 am
I have all the expansions and all the stuff packs, with the exception of the mini holiday pack they offered online this year. I wanted to get it, especially since it was only ten bucks, but its only online and I've heard bad things about downloading the games from the site, like you can't play if you're not connected to the internet. I don't know if it's true or not, but I haven't been able to verify that yet, so I would rather err on the side of caution. MTS2 is a nice site, but for some reason I have trouble getting some of their stuff to run on my comp, and plus I have so many dl's as it is, I really shouldn't get any more. And so far, I like everything I've bought, even the stuff packs.  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:13 am
I've bought both the Family Fun Stuff and Glamour Life Stuff packs but I refuse to buy the Christmas pack because I know I won't use it. I'm happy with what I got in the packs and I think the price was ok.
I get a fair few bits from MTS2 but usually only hacks or mods. I don't usually get custom items though because ones I've downloaded in the past have messed with my game or just not worked.
I like the items in the Stuff packs and mostly use them so that my OfB shops have a larger variety of items to sell.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:22 am
Iwant them cheaper.  

Rone R

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas