Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knitted Octopus? Oh my.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mason-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:24 pm
Is anyone out there able to come up with or have a pattern for a knitted octopus? I'm trying for the amigurumi style, but I've only been able to find one. And it says it's a free pattern, but it's like.. not. Hah. And I have reason to believe it's actually a crochet pattern. -sigh- my life..

Anyways. I know how to knit in the round and on regular straight needles, but not on double pointed. Those things scare me. I'd like to make an octopus for my friend, but I stink at coming up with patterns, and can't find one. Ahh..

If anyone could help I'd be a gooey monster of thanks, seeping gratitude from every conceivable orifice.

... =)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:39 pm
Mason-sama
Is anyone out there able to come up with or have a pattern for a knitted octopus? I'm trying for the amigurumi style, but I've only been able to find one. And it says it's a free pattern, but it's like.. not. Hah. And I have reason to believe it's actually a crochet pattern. -sigh- my life..

Anyways. I know how to knit in the round and on regular straight needles, but not on double pointed. Those things scare me. I'd like to make an octopus for my friend, but I stink at coming up with patterns, and can't find one. Ahh..

If anyone could help I'd be a gooey monster of thanks, seeping gratitude from every conceivable orifice.

... =)
is this what you are looking for? http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=142201.0

if you click the link in her post you can see pics of the sugi on page two of her photos  

I be me
Vice Captain

Mason-sama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:30 am
Omigosh thankyou <3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:32 am
This page has a pattern for a squid hat, but I'm pretty sure it's using dpns but it might be able to adapt it for other needles.

Dpns can be really funny to use smile  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

kahtiXfishie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:57 am
wow, that's so cool  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:44 am
Wagh. I love the cozy. I'll have to knit me one for those cold winter nights ~(*@*)~  

Mason-sama

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:45 pm
The pictures make me wish I could knit. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:38 pm
horray I'm usefull!  

I be me
Vice Captain

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:29 pm
oddly enough.... I have found lots of squid tipe patterns. o.0 I don't really know why I just go with it. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:54 pm
I wish I knew how to sew an octopus...  

Chibi Kiku-chan

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas