Reply Techniques
samus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

decayed soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:36 pm
Ive been wondering how to play samus like a pro. I was playing my character marth while someone else was playing samus and i got royally owned. If u could teach me all the little things to this character i would like it. ty  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:16 pm
I play Peach very well, but I've played a very excellent Samus enough times to know many of the good moves.

arrow Recovery
First of all, Samus's recovery isn't limited to Screw Attack. You probably already knew that she can use her Grapple Beam too--get good at it. You can use a mid-air dodge and still use a grapple beam afterwards.
You can also use Morph Ball Bombs to get higher and farther before you use up+B. Get good at that too.

arrow Attacking
Always charge your charge beam when possible. If that's charged and your opponent is at long range, fire missles (the quick shooting kind). When they get close enough to land any kind of attack, stop and fight. Grapple Beam works when you're not close enough to hit physically, but a projectile will take too long to use before they hit you (especially against long reach physical hitters like Marth or Link.)

Morph Ball Bombs are good combo breakers. Use them if you find Samus just being physically abused with no way out. If your opponent wants to send you flying in the air, use down+a; it's a really good move. Also, the Charge Beam works best at CLOSE RANGE, not far, when the opponent is temporarily stunned by some sort of attack. It gives them less reaction time. Also, down+a regular and forward+a smash are just general good moves. use them when needed.

There's a lot more, but I'm not a Samus player so I'll talk what I know and not what I think. Good luck!  

metroidmania

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:08 pm
metroidmania
I play Peach very well, but I've played a very excellent Samus enough times to know many of the good moves.

arrow Recovery
First of all, Samus's recovery isn't limited to Screw Attack. You probably already knew that she can use her Grapple Beam too--get good at it. You can use a mid-air dodge and still use a grapple beam afterwards.
You can also use Morph Ball Bombs to get higher and farther before you use up+B. Get good at that too.

arrow Attacking
Always charge your charge beam when possible. If that's charged and your opponent is at long range, fire missles (the quick shooting kind). When they get close enough to land any kind of attack, stop and fight. Grapple Beam works when you're not close enough to hit physically, but a projectile will take too long to use before they hit you (especially against long reach physical hitters like Marth or Link.)

Morph Ball Bombs are good combo breakers. Use them if you find Samus just being physically abused with no way out. If your opponent wants to send you flying in the air, use down+a; it's a really good move. Also, the Charge Beam works best at CLOSE RANGE, not far, when the opponent is temporarily stunned by some sort of attack. It gives them less reaction time. Also, down+a regular and forward+a smash are just general good moves. use them when needed.

There's a lot more, but I'm not a Samus player so I'll talk what I know and not what I think. Good luck!

I'll jsut add that bombing is really important. On your way down, bomb. Recovering, bomb your way closer to the stage.
Also, something a lot of people dont know: Holding left/right and pressing B will make a slower moving homing missle. Tapping them both at the same time will make a faster moving stronger missle, that doesn't home.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:10 am
I like what Metroid said. ^^
Also, I love Samus and play her aloooooooooooot.
I think it's fun, once in a while, to do instant grapple(i think it's called that? I forget a lot of move names). Like where you grapple real qucik and then you can shoot your beam at the opponent very quickly. Also, a good attack to prevent opponent from coming back to the stage is u-tilting. I also like to use a lot of missiles. Sooo, missle cancel a lot and I think wavedashing is pretty important for samus too.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

Zakuraii Koukiri

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:54 pm
Well First In Which Smash Are You Talking About???
Second, (In Case Of Brawl) Becareful When Fighting 'Cause Not Only Is Samus The Same In Terms Of Moves But After Her Final Smash She Loses Her Suit!!!
This Gives Her Now Three Recovery Moves and A New Spike!!!

I'll Put More In Another Post!!!  
Techniques

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff