mmmm craft time...
View Results

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:31 pm
I work at a thrift shop every weekend. There is some really amazing things that come in, but I cant wear them.... Its so anoying knowing that this stuff would be great feast gear, garb or many other things, and yet they are so small, wrong color or somthing else like that.

Anyways, who else has something like this happend to. Found something that perfect, except for one thing?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:37 am
Constantly.

I've got an odd colour fascination. It means that if I can't find fabric a certain colour, I put it back, and hope that they have it in another colour.

And most of the time, they don't.  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Nerienda

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:04 pm
When browsing through thrift shops, yard sales, anything like that, it's so tempting to buy something on speculation, thinking, "Oooh, that might work for gear/garb!" It's that "might" part that's the problem, since we now have a stash of "not-quite-right" feast gear, etc, that we need to get rid of because we were too hopeful and not quite on the mark...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:52 pm
I have texture issues, especially with "court" garb (dunno why I keep calling it that... I NEVER go to court...)  

Courtesan Brigitte

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:47 pm
Well I dont have such a big problem anymore cause Im finding garb and feast gear ect. for myself and friend, works kinda well cause things that are to small for me it will fit her^^  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:21 pm
Does out of my price range count for "perfect, except for one thing"?  

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

Runta

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:40 pm
Well I recently got 7 different pieces of fabric from 2 to 5 yards for 99cents a piece. Seriously you just need to keep hunting and not get discouraged.

You want to get discouraged work at my job, a fabric shop with beautiful things averaging about 25 dollars a yard.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:54 pm
And speaking of hunting - it's almost yard-sale season! With some patience, you can find some real diamonds in the rough. Last year's cheap find was a wooden barrel that looks reasonably period; laid on its side with the open end facing away from the entrance to the pavilion, that's what we hide our 3-gallon water cube inside...  

Nerienda

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:42 pm
Nerienda
And speaking of hunting - it's almost yard-sale season! With some patience, you can find some real diamonds in the rough. Last year's cheap find was a wooden barrel that looks reasonably period; laid on its side with the open end facing away from the entrance to the pavilion, that's what we hide our 3-gallon water cube inside...

Oh my gosh thats so awsome. Id be happy if I could find a pavilion that was in my price range. stressed  
SCA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games