Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
How ironic...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Praise Saint Caerwiden the Heathen of Britain!
  The blood of Christ! Now it's a party!
View Results

Caerwiden

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:04 am
I'm in my final year at secondary school right now so our sixth form is doing a yearbook. In this yearbook there are a series of polls in which you vote for a certain classmate e.g. "Most likely to become Prime Minister" and "Sexiest female". One these polls however is "Most likely to canonised (be made a saint) by the Catholic Church" (kinda random thing to ask, but thats what you get when a kinda random person becomes yearbook editor I guess).

My school is a non-religious school, but out of the people I know there are a few Catholics, some Anglicans, a Greek Orthodox guy, a few Muslims and at least one Jew (they're not exactly religious people, but they were raised with those religions and on a list of personal details they have those religions listed).

I however am the only Pagan at my school (that I know of, but we never talk about religion so I might be wrong), and ironically out of all the Catholics, other Christians and other Abrahamic faith followers, I have come out as most likely to be canonised by the Catholic Church! I found that a tad ironic seeing as I probably follow the most blasphemous faith out of anyone at my school (at least Protestants are still Christians, and Jews and Muslims worship Yahweh, but my gods have stag's antlers and party round about Halloween time). Then when I said to someone "You do know that the Catholic Church is probably more likely to try and burn me that declare me saint" they were just said that I was the most saint-like person, which is sweet (especially since others seem to agree).

The only thing more strange would probably be a guy being voted as "Sexiest female" (or maybe if some promiscuous person was voted "Most likely 40 year old virgin" or something).

Anything ironic, weird or strange (that's preferably Pagan related I guess) happen to anyone else?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:10 pm
Just like Saint Brigid? :0

I've been told I'm a very religiously wise person, as a "beyond my years" sort of thing from a few older, stricter Christians. o_O I'm sure if they knew what God I was talking about they'd stone me, but it's neat... kinda.. sweatdrop

School wise though, I found out after I got out of high school that I had a fanclub. o -o; People would come up to my sister and go "Hey, you're Jessica's sister right? Her paintings rock!"
x -x;; It's just weird to me still. But then, my favorite (Buddist) teacher did buy some from me and hung them up in her class room... o_O;;  

Jezehbelle

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:20 pm
Caerwiden, your story makes me laugh! rofl Goes to show though that honorable behavior does not descriminate religiously...

This isn't really Pagan related, but one of the volunteers at work thought I was Jewish. At the time it was kinda awkward as he was giving me a Hanukkah card but it could have been worse; I have celebrated Hannukah since I was a kid (I come from a multi-religious household) Plus I was staying with a Jewish host family, and sometimes would have matzo ball soup or kreplah soup for lunch... Probably good he didn't ask "so what is your religion then?" becuase I'm not sure what I would have said. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:58 am
I had a friend's borhter call me a saint one day for doing him a favor; what was ironic is that his older brother, who I hung out with, spent most of his time asking me where my black cat was, or making references to nonexistant puffs of black smoke when I appeared in a room. xd

Most people I know are pretty good about me being who and what I am; we have a lot of witch jokes, and I take the brunt of them., But I also encourage them. I love the scene from Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail where they want to burn the witch! That's actually the form that most of the witch jokes take, actually, but it's so much fun and so well intentioned. My dad's making a few jokes now, and a fellow witch that I've been intimate with lately calls me a witch any time he's trying to pretend to be angry. We tease eachother about having a Witch War between us and hexing one another; I lost power the other night in a storm for five hours, so I blamed him for unleashing the Plague of Darkness on me out of turn. He then lost internet for 15 hours, preventing him from playing World of Warcraft, and I told him that it was the Law of Return biting him in the a**.

I have one fundy, though. And the best part about him is that I can out Christian him any day of the week.

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces