Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Do you have those times where... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love good grammar?
  Yep!
View Results

Amaya84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:01 pm
Sighren
The MoUsY spell-checker
I usually notice mistakes on worksheets, but I just show my friends (and not the teacher) if it's just a grammar mistake.

"Look, there's a mistake on the worksheet!"

This is just one way I can distract my classmates. There are many others, but this is off-topic.

You have NO IDEA how fun that is in a room full of illiterate blondes. You've GOT to try it. I spent the hour laughing my a** off because they couldn't find the one typo on the page.

What's sad is that I'm blonde, and most of the time I'm the only literate one in my college courses. eek This includes the teacher at times. And yes, I do correct their mistakes on any sheets that need to be handed back in, especially tests.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:41 pm
I do it all the time....I corrected my English professor once (he did ask, though!). sweatdrop  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

The Shoe Pile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:10 pm
The kid was 4 years old. Correcting him is the same thing as teaching him.
I have terrible grammar when I talk... sometimes in my writing too so I don't think I have the right position to correct anyone. Unless it's a super annoying mistake. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Yes, I do it to my little sister all the time.

Squeeky: Jamie and me did a lot of work today!

SilverBellsAbove: xd It's 'Jamie and I', sis'.

Squeaky: stressed Same difference!

SilverBellsAbove: Oxymoron!

Heh, I do it to my friends, too. Usually they go 'ugh' at me, but then they thank me for passing their english quiz on account of good grammar. blaugh  

SilverBellsAbove

j_hawk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:01 pm
I corrected my English teacher's grammar once. It was in front of the whole class too.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:50 pm
I do my best to hold my tongue, but sometimes when I hear a particularly atrocious mistake, I blurt out a correction before I can stop myself. It doesn't make me the most popular person in the world, but that's a price I'm willing to pay for a grammatically correct world.

As Lynne Truss might say, I have no sense of proportion.  

Londo Mollari

BlindingTwilight

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:58 pm
I'll correct my little brother but that's about it.
I have a friend who corrects people's mistakes. Then again, usually they're my mistakes (which I say on purpose to annoy her xd ). I say funner a lot to annoy her and she always yells at me that its not a real word.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:09 pm
Guilty. Usually I'll only correct those that I know well out loud. I mutter corrections for teachers and complete strangers that I hear conversing.

But mostly everyone in my family is a grammar nazi. Except for my brother, whose grammar/spelling is atrocious.

Kind of off-topic, but they didn't teach us all that much grammar in elementary or middle school. Now my high school teachers are always saying things along the lines of, "How can you not know that!?"  

blueturnsgrey

Angelic-Sargeant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:37 pm
We where playing basket ball, Right. So Hence:

I shoot the ball, Brick, I rebound Swish!

Me: "Yes!"

Team member: "I Where open."

Me: "You meen I was open?"

Now ex-team member: "Grammarian freak! WTF mate?"

And, I never passed to him the rest of the season? All beacuse, I truly am a Grammarian! And he is Mr. Points-out-the-obvious.

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff