Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
A Clockwork Orange. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess
  Loved it.
  Hated it.
  Never read it.
  Never read it, but I saw the movie.
View Results

ramforce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:30 pm
Masamune no Hi
Also, for those that don't understand the title of A Clockwork Orange, it isn't really an orange. Orange is actually a pun on Orang, Malay for 'person.'

You've got that right me droogie. Nasdat can chill your gullywuts, making your golova spin round.
O my brothers, while I'm here having me mounch made out of jammywam and eggiweg I tell you all droggies that the skolliwoll should allow students to fillywith this book.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:34 pm
I personally loved the book and Nasdat. I love made up languages because it's facinating what people come up with. Heck, I like languages period and think that it's so cool when someone speaks many different languages (I myself only speak English, some Spainish, and Nasdat if it counts). It's not completely made up though it's a mixture of Russian, Gypsy, school boy talk, Cockney rhyming slang and some influence from the King James Bible. Burgess mixed them together added some of his own word and came up with Nasdat (which is the Russian suffix for teen). I think that it was a clever invention and I read that editors like it because it masked scenes that would have been unprintable in the 60's.  

Skye_7188

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces