Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
QQ more... In literal speak

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cake or Death?
  Cake
  Death
  I'll have the chicken :) (we only had 3 bits and we didn't expect such a rush)
View Results

darthapples

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:04 am
I knew text talk was bad, but we all do at least some, lol for instance. I can translate some of it, but one day I was at a friends house minding my own business when she walked out and started blabbering a bunch of letters and forwardslash this and qq more that and I had to stop her and ask her what the hell she was saying... I was absolutely horrified that she was upright and walking and speaking to me as if we were online. I don't go over anymore...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:51 pm
Good lord.So she comes in and starts blabbering in txt talk?Does she do this frequently?  

Anti-Klim

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:13 pm
My friends have yet to reach that low, thank god.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 pm
That... is just disgusting and wrong. I'm sorry, but any human who talks using the actual symbols that make up the text talk deserve whatever retribution comes to them.  

Angel80272

thepointeoflife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:00 pm
I once had a boyfriend who used famous quotes in everyday conversation. This being an enormous pet peeve of mine, it was nearly enough to make me break up with him (he did it A LOT). However, the last straw (completely unrelated) was the day that he said "JK!" once while we were talking. For real, as in, "Blah di blah blah, JAY KAY!!!". I was disgusted. As you could assume, we broke up soon after. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:10 pm
thepointeoflife
I once had a boyfriend who used famous quotes in everyday conversation. This being an enormous pet peeve of mine, it was nearly enough to make me break up with him (he did it A LOT). However, the last straw (completely unrelated) was the day that he said "JK!" once while we were talking. For real, as in, "Blah di blah blah, JAY KAY!!!". I was disgusted. As you could assume, we broke up soon after. smile

Dude. My ex-boyfriend did the same.

[highfive]  

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:32 pm
When I can feel bothered to look after one, I shall have him go through a literacy test.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:47 pm
thepointeoflife

To be honest, I wouldn't break a relationship on a mere satirical view on internet lingo.

Then again, if he wasn't kidding, you have good reason to break it off.

limp dick

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff