Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Empathic Bunker

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DracoJesi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:06 pm
based of the thread at Mysticwicks, this is the place for Empaths to come and meet, and even let off a little steam when it seems their being hit from every direction lol, and if you're an Empath you'll understand that last statement xp  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:08 pm
I was beginning to think there were none in this guild who were, or were interested in, Empaths and Empathic Magic.
I was so out of control of my empathy at one point, I buckled down and passed out walking down the street. No one ever saw a real reason why, but I knew.
An old friend taught me how to put up a sheild. I can spend time in crowds, now, for short periods of time. (I still get a little anxious and upset when I'm in big crowds for too long. Even if no one notices I am there.)

Winter Black
Crew

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:16 pm
I've heard people say that they are empaths, but I still don't fully understand...is it where you feel the emotions of other people?

I wasn't sure, because that happens to me often (not to the extent that you feel, Candice, but I do have times where it'll affect me for the rest of the day and leave me feeling exhausted), but I don't think that classifies me as an empath. It would be a good thing to have, however...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:43 am
I have a fair degree of skepticism on what some mean by empaths. Every human being posesses empathy and the mechanisms ware well-known and understood; some people are just better at picking things up than others. There might be something else going on beyond what we know, but I guess I get thrown off when the term 'empath' is so often used in a more paranormal context when it has sound mundane explanations. neutral  

Starlock
Crew

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:09 pm
Is there such thing as being an empath, but only towards certain people?

That's how I am with my best friend. We live 20 miles apart, and I don't even have to talk to her for weeks, but I know when she experiences something strongly. I just get these overwhelming emotions so strong and I've done nothing to experience them for myself. That's when I know its her.
One time I was watching tv and all of a sudden I felt so heartbroken I started bawling my eyes out and hyperventilating. Then not 10 minutes later I get a call from her saying that she had been dumped by her boyfriend of two years.
Whenever she has strong lucid dreams I dream the exact same thing, too.
I get this with my older sister, too, but not nearly as strong.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:21 pm
Winter Black
I was beginning to think there were none in this guild who were, or were interested in, Empaths and Empathic Magic.
I was so out of control of my empathy at one point, I buckled down and passed out walking down the street. No one ever saw a real reason why, but I knew.
An old friend taught me how to put up a sheild. I can spend time in crowds, now, for short periods of time. (I still get a little anxious and upset when I'm in big crowds for too long. Even if no one notices I am there.)

I use to be like that, you will eventually learn to control it, Hematite is good for grounding and and relieving associated with this

do not where Amethyst, until you're confident you have a good grasp on you're Empathy, by the same token, channeling also has the same effect.

It was especially hard for me with my MD, taking in energy so that I wouldn't become so restless, also meant that I had to deal with any and all negativity

Rioto_Kish
I've heard people say that they are empaths, but I still don't fully understand...is it where you feel the emotions of other people?

I wasn't sure, because that happens to me often (not to the extent that you feel, Candice, but I do have times where it'll affect me for the rest of the day and leave me feeling exhausted), but I don't think that classifies me as an empath. It would be a good thing to have, however...

everybody is capable of some Empathy, however they are not considered Empaths, if however, it drains and physically and/or mentally, yes you would be considered an Empath, some Empaths are stronger than others and usually you will find as you learn to deal with this ability, it will become more potent

Starlock
I have a fair degree of skepticism on what some mean by empaths. Every human being posesses empathy and the mechanisms ware well-known and understood; some people are just better at picking things up than others. There might be something else going on beyond what we know, but I guess I get thrown off when the term 'empath' is so often used in a more paranormal context when it has sound mundane explanations. icon_neutral.gif

you make an excellent point, and as I,ve mentioned earlier, everyone has some level of Empathy, although not usually potent enough of an ability to notice, also something to consider is, what is the "para-normal" or "metaphysics", beyond normal physics? sure, does that mean it has no scientific basis? no, it simply means that we, simply do not posses the knowledge to fact it scientific fact, many things where once considered myth yet where found to hold scientific truth, if we limited ourself only to what is considered fact, we will never learn.

Seira Relur

That's how I am with my best friend. We live 20 miles apart, and I don't even have to talk to her for weeks, but I know when she experiences something strongly. I just get these overwhelming emotions so strong and I've done nothing to experience them for myself. That's when I know its her.
One time I was watching tv and all of a sudden I felt so heartbroken I started bawling my eyes out and hyperventilating. Then not 10 minutes later I get a call from her saying that she had been dumped by her boyfriend of two years.

absolutely, especially if you know that person very well, their are theries as to why is occurs,

have you tried reading others? it is entirely possible that you may have "low level Empathy"  

DracoJesi

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:19 pm
Seira Relur

You probably have a psychic bond with her of some variety. The more connected two people's minds are, the more they can share.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:42 am
DracoJesi
Winter Black

I use to be like that, you will eventually learn to control it, Hematite is good for grounding and and relieving associated with this

do not where Amethyst, until you're confident you have a good grasp on you're Empathy, by the same token, channeling also has the same effect.

It was especially hard for me with my MD, taking in energy so that I wouldn't become so restless, also meant that I had to deal with any and all negativity

Rioto_Kish

everybody is capable of some Empathy, however they are not considered Empaths, if however, it drains and physically and/or mentally, yes you would be considered an Empath, some Empaths are stronger than others and usually you will find as you learn to deal with this ability, it will become more potent

Starlock
I have a fair degree of skepticism on what some mean by empaths. Every human being posesses empathy and the mechanisms ware well-known and understood; some people are just better at picking things up than others. There might be something else going on beyond what we know, but I guess I get thrown off when the term 'empath' is so often used in a more paranormal context when it has sound mundane explanations. icon_neutral.gif

you make an excellent point, and as I,ve mentioned earlier, everyone has some level of Empathy, although not usually potent enough of an ability to notice, also something to consider is, what is the "para-normal" or "metaphysics", beyond normal physics? sure, does that mean it has no scientific basis? no, it simply means that we, simply do not posses the knowledge to fact it scientific fact, many things where once considered myth yet where found to hold scientific truth, if we limited ourself only to what is considered fact, we will never learn.

Seira Relur

absolutely, especially if you know that person very well, their are theries as to why is occurs,

have you tried reading others? it is entirely possible that you may have "low level Empathy"

(Sorry, I don't know how to quote certain pieces of posts, so I'll have to quote the whole thing)

So, if I feel another's emotions to the point that I'm physically and mentally drained (which is what happens to me) it means that I can be considered an empath? I feel people's emotions quite often, but it's only occasionally when I'm drained. I've noticed that it's whenever someone's emotions are strong, such as anger or sadness. Most times I'll notice the emotions, and it might affect my own emotions, but not to the point where I'm tired by them. Would that classify me as a low level Empath?  

Rioto_Kish

DracoJesi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:13 am
Rioto_Kish
(Sorry, I don't know how to quote certain pieces of posts, so I'll have to quote the whole thing)

So, if I feel another's emotions to the point that I'm physically and mentally drained (which is what happens to me) it means that I can be considered an empath? I feel people's emotions quite often, but it's only occasionally when I'm drained. I've noticed that it's whenever someone's emotions are strong, such as anger or sadness. Most times I'll notice the emotions, and it might affect my own emotions, but not to the point where I'm tired by them. Would that classify me as a low level Empath?

yes, if it comes to that that means you are more sensative then most, an Empath

Its hard to really designate a level as, due to certain factors but yes, i'd consider that one of the less severe cases

btw to quote

[quote="username"] test you copied and pasted [/quote]

that will give you.....

username
test you copied and pasted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:50 am
I used to be pretty empathic and had to use some major shielding sometimes. But I hada realy strong emotional blow and most of that has shut down along with most of my other sixth senses. its getting better though. =(  

Juna Lu

Dapper Lunatic

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:54 pm
DracoJesi
Rioto_Kish

yes, if it comes to that that means you are more sensative then most, an Empath

Its hard to really designate a level as, due to certain factors but yes, i'd consider that one of the less severe cases

btw to quote

[quote="username"] test you copied and pasted [/quote]

that will give you.....

username
test you copied and pasted

Okay, thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:48 pm
you should seek medical assistance if you are passing out. sweatdrop  

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items