100%
 100%  [ 85 ]
Total Votes : 85

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:32 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Hahaha, well at least 3 of us get them anyway.

It didn't help my band couldn't play... nor did we have looks on our side, theres a pic of us in the picture post on 160.

How many teen bands can actually play anyways? Not many from my neck of the woods at least rofl Though, that didn't stop one band actually getting somewhere, a rock band that's quite famous hailed from over here, I had to endure hearing them practice (very, very badly) for 3 damned years. They sucked real bad.
Lol, well we didn't suck completely, it sounded ok, but it just wasn't great. Still I've heard some bad bands, I mean seriously bad bands. I've heckled a few off stage, and laughed at their fans who threatened me to shut up... which usually illicit's the response of
'What you gonna do bite my ankles.'
In all fairness though. why a promoter would mix an emo support with a rock band is beyond me.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:35 pm
Rellik San
Lol, well we didn't suck completely, it sounded ok, but it just wasn't great. Still I've heard some bad bands, I mean seriously bad bands. I've heckled a few off stage, and laughed at their fans who threatened me to shut up... which usually illicit's the response of
In all fairness though. why a promoter would mix an emo support with a rock band is beyond me.

Lol, heckling is all in a good night's work!

I got sick of the local toilet, way too many emo bands cropped up, used to be a few descent rock and metal bands there til the influx of 14 year olds that think their cover of "wake me up when september ends" was better then the original took over gonk  

Isobel Bellamy

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:33 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Lol, heckling is all in a good night's work!

I got sick of the local toilet, way too many emo bands cropped up, used to be a few descent rock and metal bands there til the influx of 14 year olds that think their cover of "wake me up when september ends" was better then the original took over gonk

That happened to my local pub, I'd been drinking in there since I was 15, but stopped going in when it became the place to be for hip trendy indie kids and emo kids. Also didn't help that if you weren't dressed in an indie or emo style, you got threatened, as my best friend found out. Although when they tried it on me, I got barred, the one time I went in (unbarred now). Some 14 year old over weight kid in pants too tight for his own good, came up to me 'you shouldn't be in here, you don't belong.' he haughtily said, so I put my pint down, and said 'I've been drinking here, for 4 years... what do you mean I don't belong?', he replied, 'well your not like us, only we are allowed to drink in here, I'm going to get you beat up for even coming in here.' I picked my pint up, and poured it over his head at that point, and walked out.

A few weeks later, I was in Jilly's, and MCR walk in for the after gig show, now I don't like them musically, but I thought they might be decent enough guys, so I went over and had a chat with the band, Gerard was over by the DJ booth, the band themselves are pretty cool guys, we talked D&D and instrument techniques. Anyway, I wonder over to the bar, and get the last free spot, before anyone else does, so I'm waiting a while to be served, when someone taps my shoulder, I look around 'Keeping one hand on the bar, natch) and who should it be but Gerard Way, who in a high and mighty voice says to me, 'You should let me go before you.' the staff at Jilly's know me, so they had already pulled my pint, so I ask him, why I would let somebody that sounds like a wailing cat when singing through (i said this in a jokey way) he took serious offense to this started on this big huge rant about he's so great and how he's the next big thing, and whilst he does all this, I pour my pint over his head and order a new one. Funny thing is, if he'd have seen it as a joke, I'd have probably bought him a pint myself.

Whats the topic again? Types of goth is it? XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:20 am
Rellik San
That happened to my local pub, I'd been drinking in there since I was 15, but stopped going in when it became the place to be for hip trendy indie kids and emo kids. Also didn't help that if you weren't dressed in an indie or emo style, you got threatened, as my best friend found out. Although when they tried it on me, I got barred, the one time I went in (unbarred now). Some 14 year old over weight kid in pants too tight for his own good, came up to me 'you shouldn't be in here, you don't belong.' he haughtily said, so I put my pint down, and said 'I've been drinking here, for 4 years... what do you mean I don't belong?', he replied, 'well your not like us, only we are allowed to drink in here, I'm going to get you beat up for even coming in here.' I picked my pint up, and poured it over his head at that point, and walked out.

A few weeks later, I was in Jilly's, and MCR walk in for the after gig show, now I don't like them musically, but I thought they might be decent enough guys, so I went over and had a chat with the band, Gerard was over by the DJ booth, the band themselves are pretty cool guys, we talked D&D and instrument techniques. Anyway, I wonder over to the bar, and get the last free spot, before anyone else does, so I'm waiting a while to be served, when someone taps my shoulder, I look around 'Keeping one hand on the bar, natch) and who should it be but Gerard Way, who in a high and mighty voice says to me, 'You should let me go before you.' the staff at Jilly's know me, so they had already pulled my pint, so I ask him, why I would let somebody that sounds like a wailing cat when singing through (i said this in a jokey way) he took serious offense to this started on this big huge rant about he's so great and how he's the next big thing, and whilst he does all this, I pour my pint over his head and order a new one. Funny thing is, if he'd have seen it as a joke, I'd have probably bought him a pint myself.

Luckily for me there's a nicer pub that has bikers, metaller and goths around, plus theres a good number of non-alternatives which disuades the kiddies because it's not exclusively "for them" rolleyes great place ^^

That was a waste of a pint! Honesty, you should've at least asked for some water rofl But it sometimes happens to people whenthey've had a bit of fame, they think that people owe them *sigh*

Oh yeah...oops sweatdrop  

Isobel Bellamy

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:36 pm
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Luckily for me there's a nicer pub that has bikers, metaller and goths around, plus theres a good number of non-alternatives which disuades the kiddies because it's not exclusively "for them" rolleyes great place ^^

That was a waste of a pint! Honesty, you should've at least asked for some water rofl But it sometimes happens to people whenthey've had a bit of fame, they think that people owe them *sigh*

Oh yeah...oops sweatdrop

Well you hit the nail on the head of how the Abbey was, but eventually it just became full of elitests.

I know what you mean, Lost Prophets are worst for it, they moaned at a friend of mine, because he bumped into them whilst dancing at a festival. He just laughed and carried on dancing, bumped them again, they threatened him so he head butted the one that was closest.

Hehehe, we have to stop having these tangents.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff