[Vampire Knight Fan Guild] - Cosplay, Roleplay, fanfiction,

Back to Guilds

Reply [Vampire Knight Fan Guild]
Vampire Theory Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you now understand where the superstition of vampires came from?
  Yes (Thank you very much)
  No (I still don't understand)
View Results

poisonarrow713

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:40 pm
.....huh.....  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:54 pm
that's true you can' t trust wikipedia that much but it is still useful.

wikipedia lied to me.....it told me that there was a second season to ouran high school host club. BUT THERE WASN'T!!!!!! crying  

DattebayouKitsune!

Lane_Luv

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:31 am
yeah I know alot about vamps but I know dracula was actually a human (a count) that just liked blood and was a mass murderer . not a vamp but I think there are real vamps! stare stare  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:44 pm
Really i didn't know that!  

Kitsxchan

Shadow Queen Megami

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:03 am
intresting  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:14 am
Bunnee R.
PLEASE READ!!
Bold sentences are the most important parts.

Porphyria is a genetic disorder that shows up in about 1 in 25,000 individuals. Affected individuals lack certain enzymes that are part of a metabolic pathway leading to formation of heme, which is the iron containing group of hemoblobin. An accumulation of porphyrins which are intermediates of the pathway, causes awful symptoms, especially after exposure to sunlight. Lesions and scars form on the skin. Hair grows thickly on the face and hands. As gums retreat from teeth, the canines take on a fanglike appearance. Symptoms worsen upon exposure to a variety of substances, including garlic and alcohol. Affected individuals avoid sunlight and aggravating substances. They also may receive injections of heme from normal red blood cells.
Hmmm.... Interesting, I could sell my idea for the manga plot that's due next week.....

and using this as a base...

Hana No Chi

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:51 pm
very very interesting!  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:58 am
i've heard about that before 3nodding  

Dare-2-Sing

hikarisora

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:23 pm
wow sweatdrop i didn't know that!! That's really interesting!!! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:11 am
Cool theory, I never knew there was a disease (or whatever it is) like that. I thought that it was just old legends passed down, you know.  

Emmy-Chan-San

lilmints4life

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:49 am
the theory sounds pretty interesting..
one questions tho..bcus vampires are "mythical", can't anyone create their own theories about vampires? there were ancient folk tales, movies, and books about vampires, but a lot of them have different ideas. not every vampire is exactly like that..rite?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:32 am
where did you find this?  

Soleil -eclipse-

7,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Goddess Astaroth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:45 pm
I had heard of this disease before, and it does help explain parts of the vampire myth origin. I've also read information that would lead to the coffin theorys and such. When a person dies and is buried, before they had proper embalming and such, they body would decompose, so gases would escape, and someone standing over an open coffin could hear a 'groan' or a 'snore' like the corpse was only sleeping.
Also, the gums would shrivel, making the teeth look longer, so people would think they had become fangs. The same thing would happen to nail beds, so people would think they had become claws. Especially with the decomposition of the body, the person would look plump, or 'well-fed' to someone who didn't know better, and of course, the person would look far more pale because they were dead, so I'm pretty sure that contributed to the myth.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:54 pm
I've read about this before. It's all really interesing, but it's also sad how prejudice and misunderstanding can spawn legends like that.  

Myrtha

buwieshingo

Durem Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:18 pm
Not trying to offend here trust trying to put a point through.

Did you stop to consider that maybe some people just love blood and love drinking it without needing a reason or disease? My vampire obsessed friend loves blood and she was hooked on this before she became interested in vampires.

~Buwie  
[Vampire Knight Fan Guild]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces