Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Weekly show and tell for Jan 27 2007 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladyleprechaun13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:20 pm
Lots of pretty things. Lucky people with sewing machines - I have to do everything by hand, and I suck at it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:00 am
ladyleprechaun13
Lots of pretty things. Lucky people with sewing machines - I have to do everything by hand, and I suck at it.

I hear ya. My trusty back stitch only goes so far ):  

[Grendel]

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:49 pm
My fun for the last week. ^^

My ever lovely model ( xd ), Fuzzums. K, so hes a good friend of mine and I made him do it, but still...
User Image

A purple version of the same scarf in progress
User Image

The first square of my blanket.
User Image

(my camera was being a brat and all the pics are minorly fuzzy, but, eh- its still pictures)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:44 pm
At least you have a camera lol. I have to run to my mom's house everytime I want to use hers. So I can't show off my lovely purple granny square that I am forcing upon my manly boyfriend. Bwahaha  

Silvander

Smillaaraq

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:16 pm
Maer^ier
kochi~mochi
Want to send a pattern for that Mage robe my way? I've been looking for more fantasy-esque patterns lately without much sucess.

Check out the links at http://www.alleycatscratch.com/movie/Costume_Links.htm -- there are some nifty ideas on adapting commercial costume/formal/etc. patterns to get looks inspired by the costumes in movies like The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia and so forth. The big pattern companies usually have a few fantasy/medieval-ish costume patterns available, and when there's been a big fantasy movie out recently that selection can get really nice as they try to keep up with the hot-costume-of-the-season. Some of the patterns those sites are referencing may be out of print by now, but between eBay and various vintage pattern websites you might be able to find them anyway with a bit of hunting!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:47 pm
Smillaaraq
Maer^ier
kochi~mochi
Want to send a pattern for that Mage robe my way? I've been looking for more fantasy-esque patterns lately without much sucess.

Check out the links at http://www.alleycatscratch.com/movie/Costume_Links.htm -- there are some nifty ideas on adapting commercial costume/formal/etc. patterns to get looks inspired by the costumes in movies like The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia and so forth. The big pattern companies usually have a few fantasy/medieval-ish costume patterns available, and when there's been a big fantasy movie out recently that selection can get really nice as they try to keep up with the hot-costume-of-the-season. Some of the patterns those sites are referencing may be out of print by now, but between eBay and various vintage pattern websites you might be able to find them anyway with a bit of hunting!
*bows*
One-thousand thanks, my friend. You have indeed helped me greatly.

Maer^ier

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces