Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
I'm new

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow Rink Sama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:33 pm
Hi I decided to join the pagan ways when i was around 16, but i've had such a hard time studying. It's so hard to keep it from a family that has raised you as a hardcore christian baptist. If they had found out I would've been kicked to the street. I may live with my husband and he doesn't care, he encourages me to go on with what religion I want and he's all for people believing in what they want. I just don't know what to do really. I know only certain things, but I"m afraid some of the things I have been taught I may have been misinformed. So i may have to start all over sad

I"m very interested in learning so If anyone wants to help me out please smile I'm on here everyday (Yes I have a life te he) I get on here at work and read while I"m working so Don't worry I still have a life biggrin And i'm not a wannabe so please don't flame me please.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:02 pm
Welcome to the guild, Shadowrink.^_^ I'm pretty new here as well, and am also a frequent visitor to the guild pages (I've got my eyes set on a kimono, so I'd better be!^_~). What drew you to paganism in the first place? Do you have any specific interests? What are you hoping to get out of pagan religion?

It's such a broad subject, and there are so many pagan religions- I'm not sure if/how I can help.^_^  

WebenBanu

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:18 pm
Welcome to the guild. Also, to get some good info, send a PM to Starlock, asking about classes. I wish you the best of luck 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:57 am
Well I grew up a christian and got sick of the beliefs, the judgement and everything really. i wasn't happy. my inner spirit felt weak, corrupt, broken and needed to be settled.

I did some research on some religions and found paganism. It looked very interesting. I'm not very educated in paganism so i don't know a lot about it. But i did learn how to meditate thought and calm my mind and spirit. Ever since then i've been more at peace and calmer. But It's not enough. I want to learn a lot more about paganism. Iwant to start to practice more of the ways.

my mom knows now that i'm pagan, she hates it and keeps telling me of the rapture lol. But she won't tell anyone since it's my place and not hers. I am 22 yrs old. It's sad that I'm starting a bit late in learning sad At least that's how I feel . I should've studied more regardless of how my family was. But I'm willing to learn regardless of my age. Because this is who I am and want to continue to be.  

Shadow Rink Sama

Shadow Rink Sama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:58 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Welcome to the guild. Also, to get some good info, send a PM to Starlock, asking about classes. I wish you the best of luck 3nodding

Thank you smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:24 pm
Try reading this. It will make you feel better about the whole "rapture" thing. And if you think it would help, give it to your mom. She may start rethinking how she's judging you. 3nodding

What pantheon or selected deities do you seem to connect with best? Perhaps by looking into them, you can have a better start on what your doing. I know the members and crew can fill you in on just about anything. 3nodding  

Jameta
Captain

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:04 pm
WELCOME SHADOWRINK!

I know a couple of books that you can read to help you out. I used to be christian, And now i'm 16, I also got sick of the religion. Although, alot of my friends are chrisitian, I respect the religion, and I respect them as well, no one like a religion basher. I started searching about a year ago. I was curious about Wicca and the elements since about the 8th grade, when I was 13. I'd hear some kids talking about it or so, and I decieded to get into a little of it my self. I first started reading random books on Wicca and Paganism, so that I could learn the basics of everything (Im still learning) I know that your goal is to be Pagan, but I suggest you real "Living Wicca" By Scott Cunningham. I'm taking another trip to the public bookstore soon, so in a few days I should be able to suggest you some Pagan books that you could read, or check out at the lib. :3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:35 am
thank you guys for the s upport, sorry i have not written in awhile, i've just been so busy working and all. These 10 hour days are killing me ugh. Sometimes you have to work extra to pay bills...grr anyways i was just on checking a few posts, but i need to get to bed eep it's 4:34 am ahhh. I got work at 1pm later today. err night everyone!  

Shadow Rink Sama

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff