Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
have you ever noticed? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maroon Kalime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:51 pm
OMG yes they cut so much out of the movies,I want to throw my shoe at the movie screen.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:11 am
l3roken5oul
Gawd yes, there's so many occurances it's insane. They also make a habit of creating things that didn't happen in the books...I think that bothers me more than things they leave out...

I agree wholeheartedly  

Lilly1827

thecentaurspromise

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:05 pm
Yeah it bugs me a bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:19 am
It's necessary for time restraints and all that. I think the first two movies did an excellent job of leaving in the important stuff and staying true to the book, but starting with the third one they made unnecessary additions and cuts (PoS; they found time to add all those dumb little extra scenes like with the candy and the fat lady, but they couldn't find time to explain the marauders?! gonk Also, GoF, what was with making Dumbledore a crotchety old man?! cry ).  

__penguin__

chelsZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:54 am
lnkmstr10
The movies are "based" upon the book, which means they are portraying the same story, but in their own way.

Plus, if they put everything from the book into the movie, it would be like 5 hours long, and while I'd thoroughly enjoy it, most non-book readers wouldn't
I agree. The movies are bases on the books, they are not an exact replica. It would be impossible for it to be the exact same. I also think that some of the changes are ok, like when harry was trying to get past the dragon, i think it was alot more exciting that the book verson.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Well of course they do! And did you know that the real Harry Potter 4 film was filmed to be a 6-hour long movie? Long don't you think?  

Remus_Lupin3

xXBunnyPrincessXx

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:29 am

i love harry potter! he is so cute  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:42 am
OF COURSE I'VE NOTICED.

Especially in the third movie, when that dreadful Cuaron man cut out the Mauraders. Now how will we explain everything in the fifth movie? DDD<

Shigures Editor

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces