Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:37 pm
cold.wire.lips
Isel
cold.wire.lips

oh, and angels are not male, though nor are they female. they're not constricted by the physicality of sex or the construct of gender.

Naturally, since they have no defined physical manifestation in the first place.

I've heard that the physical manifestation resembling humans exhibits a profound nature of androgeny, however.

that is the point, yes.

i don't know about the latter comment, though-- it would seem that if an angel were choosing to manifest human form, the angel would not be limited to any gender-specific appearance, including nongender-specific. an angel could manifest as totally male or totally female, or neither, depending on the circumstances.

But it comes down to the view of not so much masculine or feminine, but to that of true beauty, which no earthly being possesses. Angels are meant to be perfect, but neither man nor woman are perfect, Adam is incomplete, because of Lilith and Eve. As they are only reflections of Adam's desire for company. Ergo the only way for them to be perfect is to be both male and female, hence the view of androgyny.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:43 pm
Rellik San
cold.wire.lips
Isel
cold.wire.lips

oh, and angels are not male, though nor are they female. they're not constricted by the physicality of sex or the construct of gender.

Naturally, since they have no defined physical manifestation in the first place.

I've heard that the physical manifestation resembling humans exhibits a profound nature of androgeny, however.

that is the point, yes.

i don't know about the latter comment, though-- it would seem that if an angel were choosing to manifest human form, the angel would not be limited to any gender-specific appearance, including nongender-specific. an angel could manifest as totally male or totally female, or neither, depending on the circumstances.

But it comes down to the view of not so much masculine or feminine, but to that of true beauty, which no earthly being possesses. Angels are meant to be perfect, but neither man nor woman are perfect, Adam is incomplete, because of Lilith and Eve. As they are only reflections of Adam's desire for company. Ergo the only way for them to be perfect is to be both male and female, hence the view of androgyny.

you're still thinking in entirely human ideological restrictions. the idea of androgyny as perfection is a matter of the dichotomy of human reality, to which angels are not bound. if they wish to appear more 'perfect' in human form, you're right, but it isn't necessary nor reflective of their divine existence. an angel, in whatever state is more 'perfect' -- terminology which is a stretch, even, as it's based in human ideology -- as a divine form, would still possess that innate perfection of divinity no matter the manifestation.  

cold.wire.lips

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:49 pm
i'm sorry, did i scare you away? please come back. we can be less analytical if you want.

someone be my friend.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:08 pm
cold.wire.lips
Rellik San
cold.wire.lips
Isel
cold.wire.lips

that is the point, yes.

you're still thinking in entirely human ideological restrictions. the idea of androgyny as perfection is a matter of the dichotomy of human reality, to which angels are not bound. if they wish to appear more 'perfect' in human form, you're right, but it isn't necessary nor reflective of their divine existence. an angel, in whatever state is more 'perfect' -- terminology which is a stretch, even, as it's based in human ideology -- as a divine form, would still possess that innate perfection of divinity no matter the manifestation.

Lol, I'm back, well your argument is based on the ideal that there is a more perfect organism then humans, which according to the bible isn't true, we are gods reflections on earth (minus 5 eyes) and therefore humans are the holiest of creatures.

The other view is that the bible was written by man as a reflection of man, and said androgyny is down to artistic choice, it is known many artists found effeminate young men attractive figures in Italy during the most predominant artistic production era of known time. Which brings it all down from a divine level to a human level, making it about personal preference over holy orders.  

Rellik San
Crew

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:22 pm
Rellik San
cold.wire.lips
Rellik San
cold.wire.lips
Isel
cold.wire.lips

that is the point, yes.

Lol, I'm back, well your argument is based on the ideal that there is a more perfect organism then humans, which according to the bible isn't true, we are gods reflections on earth (minus 5 eyes) and therefore humans are the holiest of creatures.

The other view is that the bible was written by man as a reflection of man, and said androgyny is down to artistic choice, it is known many artists found effeminate young men attractive figures in Italy during the most predominant artistic production era of known time. Which brings it all down from a divine level to a human level, making it about personal preference over holy orders.

no, my argument is based on the idea that the concept of perfection itself is restrictive of a divine entity. it's the application of human ideals to a creature, energy, whathaveyou that is beyond human understanding.
you ask a blind person who's been to school what colour the sky is, he'll say blue.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm
cold.wire.lips
Rellik San
cold.wire.lips
Rellik San
cold.wire.lips

that is the point, yes.

no, my argument is based on the idea that the concept of perfection itself is restrictive of a divine entity. it's the application of human ideals to a creature, energy, whathaveyou that is beyond human understanding.
you ask a blind person who's been to school what colour the sky is, he'll say blue.

I get you... Grass at night. As they say up here.  

Rellik San
Crew

nerdlover08

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:36 pm
I like that....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:39 pm
well... thank you, i think.  

cold.wire.lips

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 pm
this was a nice demonstartion of how humans are not capable of percieving/comprehending that they are not capable of percieving/comprehending certain things.

if anyone has interest on the subject, i would refer them to Gabriel's thread.... only i can't, because he GOT IT LOCKED. >.>...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff