Self labels. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This poll is about Kidney Beans
  >:O It's so dry...
  It's pastey ;o;
  I've had some bad experiences with kidneys...
  All of the above.
View Results

destinygirl_8

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:39 pm
i'd much rather be a self-labeler..why tell others what they are when out of anyone, they would know what they really are. But personally, i hate labels all together. I think people should just be themselves..since when should we have a label like a soup can?  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:27 am
destinygirl_8
i'd much rather be a self-labeler..why tell others what they are when out of anyone, they would know what they really are. But personally, i hate labels all together. I think people should just be themselves..since when should we have a label like a soup can?

You don't hate labels. You hate stereotypes.

Labels are the primary function of language. The purpose of language is to convey information by applying a sound to a concept. "Label" is really quite synonymous with "adjective". Without labels, we wouldn't be able to know anything about each other, nor would we even be able to understand ourselves.

If we stop usin labels and "just be ourselves", then we lose all individuality. We lose all definition. We all become a mass of indefinable, indifferent clones.  

GilAskan
Crew

destinygirl_8

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:59 am
GilAskan
destinygirl_8

You don't hate labels. You hate stereotypes.

Labels are the primary function of language. The purpose of language is to convey information by applying a sound to a concept. "Label" is really quite synonymous with "adjective". Without labels, we wouldn't be able to know anything about each other, nor would we even be able to understand ourselves.

If we stop usin labels and "just be ourselves", then we lose all individuality. We lose all definition. We all become a mass of indefinable, indifferent clones.

haha alright, then i say i hate stereotypes..all i'm saying is we should just be ourselves. I looking on the internet for different eyeliner styles just caus i was bored, and i saw a webpage of a girl so obsessed by the "stereotype" "Goth" she kept asking plp if it was okay for her to wear certain clothes --- > http://www.in-my-opinion.org/in-my-opinion-3059.html look for yourself. its terrible, plp get so wrapped up in what plp think, and so wrapped up with these "stereotype" things that they cant be themselves, they cant think for their own self.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:51 am
labels are ok i guess....i have been called emo so many times it really doesnt matter anymore lol  

gabbi12340

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:40 pm
GilAskan
CrimsonSchib
Labeling as a whole is kinda dumb.

Labelling is the primary function of language.

We apple is a label we apply to a fruit. Fruit is a label we apply to a certain type of plant. So on and forth.
Yes, humans label naturally as part of their efforts to organize the world around them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:01 pm
Demon princess of Love
I would rather be a self labeler than to label others. Besides, I'm always harder on myself than I am on others. I try not to label others too much. I don't pick out specific people and say "they are not goth"; however, I do sometimes generalize and say that "buying a whole bunch of clothes from hot topic will not make you a goth" (note that I don't say that goths can't shop there, only that hot topic is not equivalent to goth).

ditto  

xPanzerFaust19x

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas