Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Poetry
Lost and Alone

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:40 pm
A piece I wrote after a 4 week stay in San Diego.....long enough to see way too much sadness. This is for the homeless...the lost and alone.

Sad man
Unshaven
Unkempt
Ambling along
Holding your sign
They call you
Beggar
Bum
Wino
Drunk
I simply call you...
a brother

Lost

You need attention
You need love
Stolen by lost dreams
That forever go untold
Cold cruel world

What reasons do we walk
on such tortured ground...
unnoticed

Alone

Written after my encounter with numerous homeless persons whilst in
San Diego, California.

Laura Horner
Penned 12-06

Copyright © deadheadpoet ... [2007-01-13 11:03:18]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:47 pm
Yes, I like this poem. I like the short lines, the mood created by your words.

This part:
hippiepoet1964

I simply call you...
a brother

I like that part a LOT. Well done.  

rain-one

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:32 pm
Thank you rain-one. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on my poem.
Peace smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:08 pm
Wow, this reminds me of those poems put onto signs. The good ones, that is. It's very professional and putting it out there can touch the hearts of many people... as well as give them a second thought when seeing a homeless person, instead of just passing by and waving them away. I love your poetry! biggrin  

Lord_Skyy

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:10 pm
Lord_Skyy thank you again for such a kind comment. *hugs you tight* I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on my writes.
Peace to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:36 pm
........nice poem............

seraphic_desire

Mistress Bella Muerte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:37 pm
sad Yeah... There are a lot of homeless people here. It's one of the most expensive places to live. I dunno how I'm going to survive when I move out of my parents' houses. I have to get a good job, that's for sure...

But not all the homeless people here are simply "lost".

There was this guy that was staying outside of my apartment complex at the top of our hill, in this little area of trees and bushes. It was near where everyone parked. And he'd make a huge mess and flip people off and he flashed my dad once. eek

We had to call someone to get him removed. That's the reality of a lot of these people. They screwed up. They probably gambled. A lot of them want money for booze, drugs, and smokes. And that's what they probably lost all their money on in the first place.

Yes, it's true that there are some that just got screwed over by the system. I sympathize with them. heart

Despite all the despots out there, I really love the message your poem brings. It's a real eye opener for me, since I live here.  
Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games