Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
One quick question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arkly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:45 pm
Hello,I'm new to the guild,but I like what I see so far.I just have one question.Somewhere on the front page,it said that humor will not be tolerated.Is this true? I can understand sarcasm,but no humor period?

Sorry if I sound dense,but please let me know.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:33 pm
I'm not certain to what you're referring. There are no rules against light-hearted posts, as long as they're within Gaia Online's guidelines and are of course, literate.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Zealot of Insanity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:12 pm
Are you referring to the Guild Home Page? So far, I have checked it, and there are no bans on humor, unless they are within the Gaia TOS.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:14 am
Ummm, just something obvious about your typing that's bugging me. It's that you don't space after your periods or commas... I know, I'm a Nazi, but... It's supposed to be that way. sweatdrop  

iXenu

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:43 am
Lord Xenu`s Evil Minion
Ummm, just something obvious about your typing that's bugging me. It's that you don't space after your periods or commas... I know, I'm a Nazi, but... It's supposed to be that way. sweatdrop

I was going to mention, but I don't think I'd have been quite so pleasent about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:45 am
Marcus McFlufferson
Lord Xenu`s Evil Minion

I was going to mention, but I don't think I'd have been quite so pleasent about it.

That's because you're awesome.  

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:30 am
I was about to mention it too, but they beat me to it smile

Ah, anyway, I didn't see anything against it when I joined. I think that humor within a thread would be nice, but just starting a humor thread completely unrelated to grammar or the language wouldn't be tolerated. Such as, "who thinks george carlin is teh funnyest?" It would have to be related to the guild to be posted inside.

It pained me to write such a horrible title for my fake example thread crying  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff