Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
We should reform Gaia so that they all use proper grammar

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agent Strife

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:46 pm
We shall put this message all over Gaia, so they all know to use proper grammer and punctuation.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:50 pm
How do you mean? What do you intend to do?  

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:28 pm
Your sentence fails to define "they."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:00 am
I don't exactly know if that would encourage the gaia members. Out of the entire site we are but a small bunch of ants. A lot of people are into the convienence of typing three letter words with no vowels because they feel it is quicker... even though it can be ridiculous... For if the site were turned into a grammar program... everyone would flee. It is like turning an art class into a mathematical calculation... if you know what I mean...  

DemonessRose

cyklotz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:33 pm
I really don't see how that would help. We would become some kind of dictator guild that forces Gaians to punctuate and capitalize.

Which actually would be a pretty funny plot idea for a comic series. Can't you just see it now? It would be like the book 1984, where the people are brainwashed. Some one dressed in grey holding a ruler-like stick threatening poor little Gaians: 'Capitalize your I's or you will get a beating upside the head with this ruler-like stick!'

Okay, enough laughing from me. If you can't see the theatre inside my head and have missed the whole point of why this post is funny...I am sorry. I blame my mother.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:36 pm
That is one of the things that we can only dream about because it will probably never happen.  

cutebunny3

thunderandlightning

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:05 pm
Hmm.... We wish that could happen! But, nobody would listen, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:58 pm
That's my pipe dream for the guild. In real life, we'd never muster the numbers necessary to get the admins' attention.

For now, I'll be happy with getting the "txt tlk" put where it belongs: The Chatterbox.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

DemonessRose

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:31 pm
It is a good idea... and a good goal to keep for the future... it is possible... all I am saying is for those who prefer to type in that sense would probably end up quiting the gaia all together... as I said before, it's almost like making an art class write math.... only the people who are patient enough to do every single equation would stay... but out of that majority who would prefer doing art... would leave... I'm horrible with metaphors so please feel free to bash my theory. It's okay, I can handle taunts...  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games