Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Quilting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

taligator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:32 pm
I'm taking a quilting class and learning the basics of quilting. It's challenging to be because it's teaching me patience -- something I apparently lack when it comes to crafts.

I'm making a wall hanging with a pattern called Bento Box by Tracey Brookshier.

I'm using Moda fabrics largely from the 3 Sisters line. It's largely paisley's and florals in colors like brown, burgundy, cream, and pinks.

I'll try to take some pictures this week.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:52 pm
That would take way more precise lining-up of fabrics, etc than I think I'd have the patience for. Good for you!  

Silvander

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:08 pm
I've got a half-finished quilted project from the summer that's just sitting in a plastic bag in my closet. I've been meaning to work on it, but I'm far more motivated for things that don't take hours to piece together. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:13 am
I made a cute plushie from what's basically a quilted ball mad from five or six sided pieces (can't remember)... We had to quilt in class and it was funnier to make a puffed up fish than just a ball, pillow or bag.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:37 am
I'd love to take a quilting course.

I've got various books on quilting and I either want to make a quilted art book or quilted journal.

Maybe one day....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:43 am
Qutilting sounds like lots of fun. Kudo's to you for having patience and sticking with it! ^_^  

x_dreamweaver_x

taligator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:19 am
It does take patience, that's certain. As well as precision .. something I never really thought I had.

It was out of my comfort zone to take this class and even attempt quilting, I think that's why I'm enjoying it so much. I'm learning that I can do it.

I've had my share of frustrations, that's certain. Especially since I've had to rip out EVERYTHING I've done and start over .. ARGH! But, it looks so pretty when it's done right.

I'm going to a quilt show next weekend and I can't wait to see all the finished quilts.

I have two more classes in this series and then I'll attempt a quilt on my own.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games