Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Was spotlighting a bad thing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, what do you think?
  Spotlighting wasn't the best, but it was OK.
  I hate it.
  What are you saying? It was awesome!
View Results

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:15 am
User Image Would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile?

I'm really grateful that they Spotlighted this guild, because that was what brought me here. Why would people who don't appreciate the guild at all join, anyway?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:47 pm
If anyone did a background check on my profile they wouldn't find anything but 'bump.' This mule split personality was made for purely bumping purposes at first, then gradually evolved to fishing, and then finally joined this guild due to a traumatic incident gonk

The horror of stubborn grammatical errors by people who were supposed to be my friends...

Anyway, I think that the spotlighting of this guild will be beneficial on the long run 3nodding I certainly think of it as a refuge of literacy in a sea of bumps domokun  

applecyder

HarlequinGoddess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:11 pm
I joined because it was spotlighted. I would have never found it otherwise. I like it here too.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:11 am
Well, being one who found the guild via spotlight, I'd say it's not a terrible thing. As for the insults, well they're just putting themselves out to get bashed by saying, "uR st00p1D cUz u d0nT w4ste timE tYpinG lIkE a d0ucHe b4g." They're just uneducated...Or for some wierd reason feel like it's cool to pretend not to be.  

Tangerino

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:43 am
Geez, I am so lame. I just figured out what the heck "spotlighting" was. I am happy the Guild was pointed out. It was exactly what I was looking for. In the search area of the guilds, I typed in Literature and Poetry. I found other sites, but made the decision to come here and stay here. I have noticed some folks not real bright, but for the most part everyone seems very intelligent. I really enjoy this guild and come here daily. I've been out of school for a few years *wink* and I enjoy the fresh ideas. I give students of public school a lot of credit these days. Schools have changed a lot, by the sounds of things. A few (a tiny few) *wink* of you are young enough to be my kids and well, I am damn proud to know you guys and be here.
Peace, Laura  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:55 am
I never would've come here if it wasn't for spotlighting. So, for me, it's a good thing. I don't know what it must've been like for older members to deal with the bad new members who came as a result of spotlighting, though. I suppose my position is biased.  

Zee Zee Top

4,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

DJ_blak jak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:19 pm
I would never have found this forum, were it not for the spotlight. I thought it was great! cool  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:23 pm
Gachetemas
Seriously, I do feel a little nativist. I've been here since June, I think. But I know we were all new at some time. Maybe a bigger guild is better. We'll all have to be one happy family.
smile Now, now. Many immigrants do contribute positively. Those who do not should be probably be expelled (or repatriated?) if they refuse to behave after a few warnings. wink  

DJ_blak jak

Lady Fenrys

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:25 pm
I see your banners all over the forums. It's how I made it here, but I can understand that others may have come because of the spotlight. All in all, activity is good. However, I suppose it comes at a price, because with publicity you get all sorts. Text talkers and the like. I am in three other guilds that over time are becoming less and less active. It makes me happy to have this guild, where people post every day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:05 am
I think I would have ended up joining anyway. I'd seen the banners all over the forums already, which had attracted my attention.

The spotlight just reminded me enough for me to actually join. (Although, since I rarely post, I don't know what advantage that is to you anyway >.<)  

poggles

Sparkly Fairy

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:08 pm
It isn't spotlighted anymore... *relieved sigh* How long do these people like to spotlight, anyway? Would you want the guild to be spotlighted again, or do you think it would be worse?

Has it kept the guild alive or has it killed it?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:58 pm
Spotlighting is pretty degrading to others. It never effected me on this site but I know what it feels like to be spotlighted, and then thrown away to the side like a used tool.
I don't generally think spotlighting is a bad thing, as long as it is evened out. By that I mean everyone gets a chance to shine and not just one person...
Or it could be taken the other way, where someone finds it embarrased to be spotlighted... It's hard to say.  

DemonessRose

Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces