Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Gaia items with bad grammar

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Radio Chaos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:45 am
Not to make fun of GAIA or it's items, but an ORLY? Hat? What does ORLY? mean anyway?

Also, kOnFuZeD PiNk PaNtS? Why can't they just say Confused Pink Pants? It just makes no sense.

If you see an item on GAIA that has bad grammar like the two above, please post it here.

Again, I am not mocking GAIA or it's items and I am sorry if it offends any Gaians.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:30 am
I've seen quite a few descriptions like this. I always saw it like they were making fun of it, but always found it completely unnecessary and not very funny at all. But then again, most of the descriptions on the items are supposed to be funny, yet they all fail miserably D:

ljosberinn

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:18 am
The ORLY hat is based on a rather well-known video.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:56 am
Erm. The ORLY owl is older than that I think. Wiki article on O RLY?

Basically, ORLY, or O RLY, means Oh, really. You can read more about it on the wiki article.

ljosberinn

ljosberinn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:13 am
(By the way, socceridol1, I'd figured out the stuff in your signature but I can neither message you nor leave a comment on your profile. Is it friends only or what? sad )

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:23 am
ljosberinn
(By the way, socceridol1, I'd figured out the stuff in your signature but I can neither message you nor leave a comment on your profile. Is it friends only or what? sad )

Right. Sorry about that. Now you can message me.  

Radio Chaos

Requiem Dare

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:23 pm
Uhm...I forgot what they're called. DiRtAy SoCkS or something like that I think. neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:40 am
I dont like the names of Gaia items at all. They always think "Oh, this will be witty if we do this, and people will think we are even cooler". Then there are those Gaians who just dont get it. It annoys me.

There was only ONE item, that I have found, that makes me laugh everytime I look at it.

This is the Honorable Windows. Its more the description that makes me laugh. "Man I love it when in those movies they like lick the tip of their finger just to poke a hole in the screen window so they can spy! Haha! The owner musta been HECKA POed when he saw the hole in his window the next day! LOL"

Even though there are many errors.. I still find it funny.
Correction:
"Man, I love it when in those movies they lick the tip of their finger just to poke a hole through the screen so they can spy! Haha! The owner musta been pissed off when he saw the hole in his window the next day! LOL"  

Kurama333

Contrary_Willow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:06 pm
The OMFG hat. There's another one, I just can't remember the name. I'll get back to you on that.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games