Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
SB is sooo clueless -___- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

?
  SB = lolita
  SB =/= lolita
View Results

ristuka-chan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:10 pm
im going to put this simply.......SHUT UP  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:29 am
OMG YES!!!!
They do write certain things a bit tackily...
Tackily--Is that a word?!?!
lmao!!
idk, but I really do agree with what your saying!!
The magazine should change it's ways a bit, but I doubt that will happen. rolleyes
_Davie_

Pnkgreensktle

akuxroku813

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:13 pm
yea, lyk the shojo beat girl who is supposed to represent all of the readers. srry, but if thats what's representing me..... i still luv the manga tho!!!!! Vampire Night is the most awesomest ever and if say other wise you can kiss my manga lovin rear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love zero(im having a randomness attack righ now, and i also suffer ados=attention dephicate...ohh shiney!)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:24 pm
kel aka gandy
KagomeHime369
What I don't like is how all the Japanese products they push are $$$$$$$$ !!! There is no way I'm going to be paying $300 for a freaking lipstick, even if it is from Japan! They make it seem like all the products from Japan are soo limited that you can only purchase at super high prices. scream

I'm guessing that the average reader of SB has a very limited allowance (if one at all) and cannot afford such products. I am a student, and therefore don't have much ca$h to spend. SB should do like Seventeen and show High-End products, but with the cheaper more affordable look-a-like next to it. Example:

This item (glossy pretty photo of item) cost's around $200, but you can buy a similar product (glossy pretty photo) for $3.99 at El Cheapo Store Chains...

Wouldn't that make it more reader/buyer friendly? cool

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone (^.^) when I say that'd be awesome!

definitely. and not only that, I also think that if SB is gonna talk about fashion, it should focus on other styles too. This is not Tokyo (one of the most expensive cities on Earth), this is North America and in here we're not that wealthy and we cannot afford lolita dresses that cost over $300 dollars and designer makeup.  

PerfectStranger_2-0

Porcelain Rabbit Doll

The Committee Staff Genius

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:26 am
Im sorry but im going to have to disagree. SB is probually only doing the lolita articles to show us more of the japanese culture & fashion , is that such a bad thing ?! Anyways thier past isssues they did revolve around Jrock & Jpop . So why are you complaining ? stare
Im a lolita but I don't read SB just for the " lolitaish" articles , i mostly 100% read SB for the manga .Besides people there is something called the " Gothic & Lolita Bible " so SB isn't lolita its just something that there showing for a while ... they have thier phase it will end soon just be patient , some readers might be interested in the lolita fashion it just depends what the readers are asking for .
This is my opinion so please don't take too personaly .  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:14 am
kel aka gandy
I give them props for trying to appease their readership...but then they loose them all, and some, for they way they go about it...it's silly and fake

yes that's true  

protecterofelements

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:29 am
Porcelain Rabbit Doll
Im sorry but im going to have to disagree. SB is probually only doing the lolita articles to show us more of the japanese culture & fashion , is that such a bad thing ?! Anyways thier past isssues they did revolve around Jrock & Jpop . So why are you complaining ? stare
Im a lolita but I don't read SB just for the " lolitaish" articles , i mostly 100% read SB for the manga .Besides people there is something called the " Gothic & Lolita Bible " so SB isn't lolita its just something that there showing for a while ... they have thier phase it will end soon just be patient , some readers might be interested in the lolita fashion it just depends what the readers are asking for .
This is my opinion so please don't take too personaly .

Wow... I realize this reply is like a year late, and I apologize for that!!

Anyway. I, at least, was not trying to bash the lolita style. I simply meant that if they were going to showcase that style, they should have tried to do so in a way that people can afford, though I do realize there are few (if any really) places in the US to get anything lolita on the cheap. But for the other articles, like the Hot List for example, they should have tried to show things that the normal person could buy. It's not like the people who are buying SB are the same people buying say InStyle, and even they put in a few articles about afforable things.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:38 am
always using the gothic style can get boring but some artists i find do it in a new way to try and make it interesting  

protecterofelements

.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games