Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Oh, Craftster ):

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:06 pm
So, I'm browsing Craftster, now that there's talk of a Gaia swap going on (I need to get my post count up, lol), and I keep coming across awesome patterns for knitting. Now I'm itching to knit all these lovely things, when I can't afford the yarn or patterns (I'm really broke right now, and as a full-time student, work's not an option).

Ever been full of ideas for projects, but lack the funds, time, or motivation to do them? It sucks. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:06 pm
DecemberFlower
Ever been full of ideas for projects, but lack the funds, time, or motivation to do them? It sucks. sweatdrop

Story of my life... crying

Smillaaraq

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:44 pm
me too... except i just learned knitting a few weeks ago and have only had the time to make a very short scarf  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:04 am
eh, yes and no. I've got this pattern idea for a sweater for my husband. Now that I did the afghan, he wants a black hoodie with 8-bit Mario and Luigi on the shoulders, a mushroom on the front, and a Goomba on the hood. gonk

They're not the hard part; I can't find a hoodie pattern! sweatdrop  

AriRashkae

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:28 am
I used to be like that. But right now I'm lacking inspiration for much. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:34 am
I think that's the real reason why I 'stash'

I know that when I have money and/pr find really good buys on yarn I should buy it because there will always be a time when I don;t have money for yarn and supplies. The only trick is then finding patterns that match my stash. I end up finding creative ways to incorporate more than one color into garments  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Silvander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:51 am
AriRashkae
eh, yes and no. I've got this pattern idea for a sweater for my husband. Now that I did the afghan, he wants a black hoodie with 8-bit Mario and Luigi on the shoulders, a mushroom on the front, and a Goomba on the hood. gonk

Lol, sweater with an extra extra large hat pattern attached ot it??

As a fellow college student, I am perennially broke. Hence, why yarn sales and BIG yarn baskets are your friend. 3nodding Normally, I juts lack patience. I can't knit when it's hot out, but by the time winer rolls around, I alwyas wish I'd finished that scarf before I needed it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:06 am
AriRashkae

Problem solved! mrgreen

Go here and download the pattern. Then go here for instructions on how to translate! biggrin  

gemini6184

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:44 pm
YourAzureGoddess
I think that's the real reason why I 'stash'

I know that when I have money and/pr find really good buys on yarn I should buy it because there will always be a time when I don;t have money for yarn and supplies. The only trick is then finding patterns that match my stash. I end up finding creative ways to incorporate more than one color into garments

I suppose that's what I'd do if I ever had a time where I had money to spend. xp

I've been perpetually broke since I had to quit my Wal-mart job 2 years ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:37 pm
~
Yes.
Every day it's a new idea and it HAS to be done... only I can't because of money, because I have 500 other projects and no time or because it's just plain pointless in the end.

~

Tes

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:53 pm
(I'll warn that I'm being silly in advance)

I suppose if you're really stuck with how to have an ample supply of lovely yarn without breaking the bank at the LYS you can ask for a pair of hand carders and a sheep for Christmas smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:19 pm
I never make a big enough stash and I end up with a whole lot of not enough. x.x The bohemian look is still in, so I could get away with knitting random things, but... there are so many pretty *pictures* I want to knit. Luckily (?) I still haven't worked up the courage to learn intarsia, so I'm not stopped *only* by my lack of yarn. ^^;  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:07 pm
YourAzureGoddess
(I'll warn that I'm being silly in advance)

I suppose if you're really stuck with how to have an ample supply of lovely yarn without breaking the bank at the LYS you can ask for a pair of hand carders and a sheep for Christmas smile

True, true! Although that would take a long time to spin on my spindle. ;O

And probably a long time to grow the wool on the sheep. It's not a Chia Pet. ):  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:28 am
on the bright side I hear they double as lawn mowers!  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:53 am
and you'd never have to fertilize. whee  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff