No
  A little - patches and buttons and such
View Results

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:32 pm
Tyshia
DarkPrincesa
Tyshia
Normally when I sew things from scratch now, I'm sewing dolls or doll clothes (they're adorable and I make them for all my friends' birthdays; I'll have to post a picture of one),

I'd love to see them let me know if you ever get a chance to post pics!

I'll post a picture of the ones I'm making now for my boyfriend and other friend for their birthdays. 3nodding I should be finished in like a week? Maybe. I'm being lazy lately.

Okay I know how that is. I just had to unstich two sections because they wern't straight. I think I will hand stich to reattach... stupid rick-rack.

Your boyfriend has dolls? I thought mine was the only one!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:38 pm
DarkPrincesa
Ramen With Tofu
DarkPrincesa
Ramen With Tofu
I work off pre-made patterns mostly, but that's only because I don't know how to make my own... yet.

My whole hope when I started was to make my own patterns, but after just doing two items I realize that may be a lot harder then I first thought!
I want to learn. So I am taking a class once I save up the money. I can't wait for friday though, I have a gift card for walmart so I am going to buy a crap loads of patterns and maybe some fabric.... and then once I master the premade pattern I am going to se if I can throw in some of my own made off of them.

Thats my plan as well. I mean if you get enought pieces and see enough times how they fit together I am sure it will be eaiser to make your own from scratch or off the pieces
yeah that's what I figured as well.

I just bought 3 new patterns that I can work off soon enough. pj's (tops and bottoms in male and female) a dress, and a shirt pattern. Now I just need to save up for fabric.  

Ramen With Tofu

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:50 pm
I never knew how to sew before, then I got an idea for a christmas gift.
My nickname from my girlfriend is "Santa"...and she LOVES the colors black and green (a bit more than I do actually). So, I thought I would combine the two for a nice gift, right from me, and made with love.

So, my grandma agreed to take on the project of teaching me, a computer nerd built like a football linebacker, to sew.

I got black and green felt, and therefore started off on my journey. First step, I needed a pattern, so I grabbed an old Santa Clause hat out of the basement at my Grandmother's and used that, for it fit my head perfectly.

Now, imagine, I, having to sew ALL of this, and not knowing ANYTHING about sewing, and by hand to top this off.

My grandma showed me just what I needed to do, I did measurements, cutting, and all the stiching BY hand for the FIRST time, and she said I did and EXTREMELY good job.

She was very suprised I was even capable of not messing up once, and finishing the project in just two hours. "You have the skill of someone who has been doing this for years," said Grandmother.

So, once I find something else to do, I'll try and improve. I liked the feeling I got from sewing.
Oh yeah, a few shirts need mending....and I'm TIRED of all the bad looking Tripp pants. So, I might just make my own.

Tchus.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:40 am
By hand?! Wow... I used to do everything by hand... but like 5 months ago I borrowed my friend sewing maching... and now I have my moms... and I dont think I could hand stitch anything big again.... I mean its amazing the diffrence!

If you one anyone who has one you could even just try out... I would suggest it.

ALTHOUGH! if you play sports (you mentioned being build like a football player) hand stiching can give you REALLY steady hands.  

DarkPrincesa

Kristoya

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:58 am
DarkPrincesa
Tyshia
DarkPrincesa
Tyshia
Normally when I sew things from scratch now, I'm sewing dolls or doll clothes (they're adorable and I make them for all my friends' birthdays; I'll have to post a picture of one),

I'd love to see them let me know if you ever get a chance to post pics!

I'll post a picture of the ones I'm making now for my boyfriend and other friend for their birthdays. 3nodding I should be finished in like a week? Maybe. I'm being lazy lately.

Okay I know how that is. I just had to unstich two sections because they wern't straight. I think I will hand stich to reattach... stupid rick-rack.

Your boyfriend has dolls? I thought mine was the only one!

Yeah, I don't have a sewing machine so I have to hand stitch everything and when I get lazy, I mess up, so it takes even longer than usual.

Yup! Except they're all random ones I made that he liked. Because he has too much masculine pride to buy a cool looking doll (LIKE THOSE APPLE DOLLS I SAW LAST MONTH. THEY WERE SO COOL! xd ).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:06 am
OMG messing up. The stiches I have had to pull emo . But I finally finished my top. It turned out okay. I forgot to take a pic yesterday. No one could tell it was handmade. Although it makes me look a lil pregnant because of the cut of the shirt... the empire waist.  

DarkPrincesa

xXx Bisque xXx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:57 pm
I sew like crazy. I never use a pattern. I think I've used a couple patterns in sewing classes in like grade 11, but after that it's purely me just sewing. I love sewing and plan on either becoming a fashion designer or at least a tailor.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:39 pm
I'm going to try my hand at making patches with thread. >.> Wish me luck 3nodding  

Silly_Doll

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:06 am
LemonBisque
I sew like crazy. I never use a pattern. I think I've used a couple patterns in sewing classes in like grade 11, but after that it's purely me just sewing. I love sewing and plan on either becoming a fashion designer or at least a tailor.

So how do you bring the fabric together into items? Do you cut your own pattern? How do you size it? I would love to be able to do that!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:17 pm
I sew! Well, I have the ability to, but I'm too busy to actually do anything as of late. I made a bookbag two weeks ago...

I also crochet. I make hats and glove thingies and scarves! here's my German hat, I have a matching scarf to go with it. Beware, the picture sucks! whee
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/tearsfallingdown/hat3.jpg  

sk_cooper

absinthemourning

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:25 pm
I learned to sew from a young age. (fixing buttons and what-not) Once I entered seventh grade and took a home-ec class my mom decided to buy me a sewing machine and I have been using the damn thing non-stop since then....nine years.
My first couple pieces were odd. I tried making a shirt and a pair of pants...trust me, that is a little too ambitious for the first try.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff